Egg Allergy at Disneyland

amarberry

DIS Veteran
My daughter has a severe egg allergy. I've been spoiled by the Special Diets folks at WDW. I've always been able to email ahead of time to get a basic idea before our trip if some of the foods that she likes are egg free.

Unfortunately, Disneyland doesn't work that way. I've emailed Special Diets for Disneyland and they don't provide that information to guests (which is frustrating...it would be nice to know ahead of time so we could plan and manage expectations for my daughter).

If anyone has had a recent experience at Disneyland and could let me know if the quick service pizza and macaroni and cheese has egg in it, I would appreciate it. Of course, regardless of what I find out here, I will double check with the chef on duty in case there has been any ingredient changes. Like I said before, it would just be nice to have an idea of what is a possibility rather than walking into this blindly.

Do a search here for threads on food allergies and DLR. There is a lot of information out there from people who deal with all kinds of food issues. The reason DLR doesn't provide the info you want is because the vendors can change any time, so there is no way to 100% guarantee that any dish is allergen free. (It may be at the time you call, and not be when you visit.) However, DLR is very accomodating about food issues and will do their best to help you. TS restaurants are very helpful -- make sure to note your daughter's allergy on all reservations, repeat the note at check in, and ask the chef to contact you so you can discuss your options. I've known TS chefs to make custom dishes for guests with allergies. CS restaurants have an ingredient notebook behind the counter. You should be able to see it to check if a particular item is allergen free for your DD. Lastly, and we do this every time, bring some food with you (e.g. snacks, fruit, a sandwich, etc.) that you know for certain DD can eat -- that way, in case of emergency, she's not left hungry and frustrated. Hope this helps!

We have good luck with the sit down restaurants. Last year I had multiple reservations , we had three kids and one adult with epi-pens, one child with multiple anaphylactic allergies, one of them being egg.

We had a reservation at Big Thunder and I asked for the contact info for the head chef, he was able to tell me if the bread would be egg safe. If yu look at the menus now as you make your reservations you could ask specifically about dishes with the chef ahead of time. Alternatively the chefs at sit downs can create something . My daughters allergies are a little simpler than my nephews, every sit down we went to the chef came out and my sister was able to go through his allergens and find him things to eat. He was 8 at the time and always left happy.

I think you need to ask pointed questions about specific dishes , any sit down will be able to accommodate you. The bakeries and walk ups can be a little trickier, there is supposed to be a list of allergens, but i got the impression that sometimes the right and left hand were not talking on this, and our patience was needed at times.I know last year one treat we found that was egg and nut free were the Mickey Ice Cream Bars, if they have stayed the same check them out.

The ice cream place , attached to Starbucks ( fiddler, Feiffer etc), last week opened new buckets of ice cream , strawberry, that was safe and had not been cross contaminated.
Best of luck .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter