ECV & Amtrak Station

DisVillianMomma

I'm a Villians Girl
Hello,

We be taking the train to Orlando for the first time. My father is in an ECV. Does anyone know about transportation from the Amtrak Station in Orlando to the Animal Kingdom lodge.

We have always DME, but they don't' have that at the train station. So any recommendation on how to get my dad from the Train station To WDW property would be greatly appreciated

Mears is a good option.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/12/03/amtrak-and-mears-transportation-to-disney/

291926_10150303017396540_691146539_8194993_364350994_n.jpg

Mears has over 20 accessible cabs. If you call the day before (407-422-2222) and give them the train information they should be able to set up a reservation.

Mears has over 20 accessible cabs. If you call the day before (407-422-2222) and give them the train information they should be able to set up a reservation.

Actually, Mears does not accept advance reservations for accessible cabs from the Amtrak station. If you call ahead of time, they will tell you to call back after the train has arrived at the Orlando station.

And forget about the Orlando station!!! The Kissimmee station is closer to Walt Disney World, therefore the cab fare is lower. And while smaller than Orlando, you'll like the station better going home, too - few passengers board there, so you can get settled before the train makes its Orlando stop.

Thanks for all of the info everyone!!

I will definitely be giving mears a called after we get off the train!

Thanks cause that was the one hitch in my amtrak plan, how to get dad to wdw property with out magical express.

We are only taking the train down to florida, we will be fly home so we will just use DME to the airport for our way home!

thanks you save me lots of worry about the Amtrak I feel better about ariving in Florida now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter