Ebay - when is the best time to end an auction?

Catrin

Taking my Kids - one kid at a time!
Hi all....

I am in the process of gathering items to sell on Ebay for spending money for our upcoming trip.

When is the best time for an auction to end? I just want to know when Ebay has the highest traffic and the most people looking at the auctions ending.
Thanks!
Catrin :earsboy:

I've heard that children's clothes do well on Monday-Thursday night. I've heard weekends aren't as good. I'm not sure how true this is.

Cheryl
:flower:

I'm not sure of the "right" answer to this but i sell a lot of stuff on ebay and I usually try and end my auctions on Friday or Saturday evenings...mostly because then it gives me the rest of the weekend to pack everything up for postal service pick up. But, I've noticed on my auctions that I seem to get the most hits during the weekday evenings. Weekends seem to be slower. I usually will list my items on Fridays or Saturdays for 7 days.

sure would love others options on this...am planning an october trip and wanting to thin out some treasures we no longer need/want. thx to all

I sell lots of my kids clothes and always try to end auctions on Sunday nights.
Good luck! I love it and I get so many of my daughters clothes there New With Tags.....

One more thing.... Go in every room of your house with a basket and start putting stuff in there that your family no longer uses.... Computer games, belts, ties, purses.... Its so funny how much "stuff" we have that we dont use!!! I go through my kids books and stuff all the time!!! I always ahve a box of stuff right next to the computer that I need to put up for auction.

I end all auctions on Sunday Night. In all honesty I think you have to do what works for you. If you work weekends but have Wednesday and Thursday off then these would be the days that YOU have time to list, so this would be the best time for you to list. There are always auctions ending and there are always people bidding.

I'm not a power seller, infact i stopped selling altogether when the postal service raised their rates, but I always found the best nights to end an auction to be Thursdays. I figure it's payday for many & people are a little more relaxed about what they do with their money when they have some :)

On another note, if you're looking to buy, the best deals can typically be found on holidays. Never set up an auction to end on a holiday.

I sell on ebay and always end my auctions on Sunday And Monday nights.
I list 7 day auctions and make sure they do not end while a popular tv show is on. Either 7:50 pm or 9:10 pm. Ending them at night is better than having them end durring the day.

We always try to end on Sunday nights. We've had the most success with that. Think about it~that's a night that most people are home, just trying to get ready for the coming week. Weeknights are too hectic, for most people. Fridays and Saturdays, people aren't necessarily home. So as I've said, we've been fortunate with Sundays.

NickandLivvysmom said:
I go through my kids books and stuff all the time!!! I always ahve a box of stuff right next to the computer that I need to put up for auction.

And your kids are OK with that?? Mine burst into tears when they see me taking a picture of anything of theirs bc. they know what I'm doing with it. Before I know it, the item mysteriously disappears and later I find it hidden in their room.

I'm waiting for my DD4 to become afraid of having me take HER picture, she might think that she is soon to be up for auction! :rotfl:

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Ohhhhhh!!!! This is my 1,000th post! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:wave2:

I always end on Sunday night also, I don't know if it really matters but that is my rule of thumb. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter