ebay or DVC RENTAL BOARD

KANSAS

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of renting 225 of My DVC BCV POINTS

Which is the most attractive?

Should I, rent them for $10 per point on the DVC RENTAL BOARD?

or should i put an ad on EBAY, for say, a studio reservation, for SUNDAY-THURSDAY NIGHT, using say 70 of MY DVC BCV POINTS.
during a the season, that requires 70 DCV/BCV POINTS to get a studio for 5 nights AT BCV

I am very familar with EBAY.

WHEN you rent to non DVC Person. THey are just paying you cash and then you make the reservation for them, in their name?
Right??

EBAY AUCTIONS OF DVC BEACH CLUB VILLA POINTS, seem to bring $12-$13 per point

DISNEY RENTAL BOARD POINTS, seem to ask only $10 per point to rent BCV POINTS

does anyone have any reason, to discourage me from renting BCV POINTS ON EBAY, from previous experiences, becasue a little more work. Which is not an issue with me??

you renting your points on eBay: More competition. More kidding asside, go for it becuase at $10 a point you are losing money.

are you trying to tell me that DVC/BCV at $10 per point is not enough of a rental price request??
on DVC/BCV BOARD And I can get $11 a point or slightly more on EBAY??

Just a thought, but when renting them on ebay there are fees the seller has to pay, so some of the money above $10/point has to cover those fees.

As a renter of points, I have always found ebay to be confusing or inconvenient. You have to contact the seller, get information, bid, etc. It is so much easier to rent from here.

do both - try ebay for your 70 point studio and rent 70 points here - see which works the best for you. then you will know for your future uses.

I will probably do as you suggested

I was just hoping, someone would have a strong opinion, on which had worked better for them

DVC RENTAL BOARD OR EBAY
after ALL EBAY COSTS Etc

am I correct in this question?

If I have 225 DVC/BCV POINTS
I could start to rent the August,2004 USage points, to DVC people starting August,2003 at $10 per point
I could then tranfer any number of points, to any number of DVC
OWNERS

Originally posted by KANSAS
are you trying to tell me that DVC/BCV at $10 per point is not enough of a rental price request??
on DVC/BCV BOARD And I can get $11 a point or slightly more on EBAY??

I bet you can get $11 or more per point even on the DVC Rent/Trade Board. You may have to be patient and at least a little bit savy :teeth: about how you do it, but my understanding is that several members rent for more than $10 per point.

To me the disadvantage of ebay is the fees that you must pay ebay and the fact that you do not know for sure what you will be able to get for your points. If you do not auction an actual reservation, your buyer may back out if there is no availability for the desired dates.

CAROL MN, very very good point about EBAY

IF you have 225 BCV POINTS for rent, with a August,2004 USAGE
am I correct. It makes not sense to offer them for rent at $11 per point, until Fall,2003??

CAROL MN

CAN I Break my 225 BCV POINTS into several blocks, as people show interest in renting them from me.

Then after we arrange payment. I just call DVC MS and state transfer x amount of points, to each of those DVC OWNERS?

IF the above is correct and you can do unlmited transfers to unlimited DVC OWNERS?

do you do the transacations in small point transfers, so little $ is involved, until each party trusts each other

CAROL MN, very very good point about EBAY

IF you have 225 BCV POINTS for rent, with a August,2004 USAGE
am I correct. It makes not sense to offer them for rent at $11 per point, until Fall,2003??

August 2004 points are good for stays between 8/1/2004 and 7/31/2005. As you know, you can make reservations at your home resort 11 months ahead of time. I agree that it doesn't make much sense to offer them much before the 11 month window opens.

In your situation, I would probably post on the Rent/Trade Board sometime in July or August of 2004 that I have points to rent at (your home resort) for stays between 8/1/2004 and 7/31/2005. IMHO, points are worth more when they are used to tie down a reservation 11 months ahead of time (thus guaranteeing someone their choice of dates and unit size). You could also make a reservation for a particular time you think others might want and try to rent the reservation rather than the points. Your choice.

CAROL MN

CAN I Break my 225 BCV POINTS into several blocks, as people show interest in renting them from me.

Then after we arrange payment. I just call DVC MS and state transfer x amount of points, to each of those DVC OWNERS?

IF the above is correct and you can do unlmited transfers to unlimited DVC OWNERS?

do you do the transacations in small point transfers, so little $ is involved, until each party trusts each other

First, I should tell you that I personally have not rented any points. Don't have enough as it is! What I post is based on what I have read elsewhere.

Yes, you can "break your points into several blocks" if you wish. Assuming you are renting to a member and the member wants make his/her own reservations, you can transfer the points to the member's account. You can also make the reservation in the member's name if one or both of you do not want to bother with points transfer. Of course, this is what you would do if yo decide to rent points to a non-member. You are not actually renting points, but the reservation. Payment terms are negotiable.

My understanding of transfers is that transfers are not limited in number. However, you may either transfer points out of your account or accept transfers into your account, but not both in the same year. I do not know if the year is a calendar year or a use year. Perhaps someone else will know and post.

Terms are always negotiable between the parties. You will have to do something that both parties can accept. There will need to be trust on both sides.

HTH. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter