Ebates?

Nina1

Disney Lover
For those of you who use Ebates, what has your experience been? I recently signed on, as I frequently shop online. How do you receive your cash back and have you ever experienced any difficulties? Are you glad you use Ebates? Thanks for your help.

For those of you who use Ebates, what has your experience been? I recently signed on, as I frequently shop online. How do you receive your cash back and have you ever experienced any difficulties? Are you glad you use Ebates? Thanks for your help.

They send checks out every quarter automatically. If you have at least $5 in your account, you will get a check. They are very good about following up on any missed credits but they stick to their rules about not using coupons and promotional codes that are not from ebates. You don't get credit for gift card purchases unless they are specifically mentioned in their FAQ.

They send checks out every quarter automatically. If you have at least $5 in your account, you will get a check. They are very good about following up on any missed credits but they stick to their rules about not using coupons and promotional codes that are not from ebates. You don't get credit for gift card purchases unless they are specifically mentioned in their FAQ.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! I do a lot of shopping online so it is nice to get a little bit back for it! :thumbsup2

I use Ebates and have for a couple of years. You have to remember to start out at Ebates and click to the site you are going to shop at - I've missed this a few times when I know of a good sale and forget :scared1: . I am editing this to add - if you start out at the site and put things in your cart and then remember, you can go to ebates and click in to the site and your stuff is normally still in your cart and if you complete your sale after clicking through ebates you can still get the % back. This can save time and doubts for others since it took me a couple of times to figure that out. :)

I normally get a check for $20-30 or even less each quarter since I don't shop online a LOT other than at Christmas BUT I recently booked our upcoming Disney trip with SW Airlines Vacations and am looking forward to a check of more than $80 just for that purchase - I was already saving by finding a good deal, but the ebates % back made it even better. PLUS I found that deal through the ebates website just checking for deals (you can't get ebates % back for airfare alone, it had to be a vacation but I happened to find a great deal I would have booked anyway even w/o the % back).

I also always check ebates to see if they have a coupon for savings or free shipping. It's a great resource and source of $! :dance3:

I have only been using Ebates since before Christmas and I only have great things to say about them. I've received 2 checks so far and it is really nice to get a little something back for my online purchases. I also thought I forgot to sign up for the "sign up" gift card but I received a $10 Target gift card from them last month. All in all, I've gotten about $50 back from using their site. Not too shabby!

I think this depends upon the retailer. I have often been able to use a coupon/credit for shutterfly and snapfish and still get cash back from e-bates. I've also been able to use them for Home Depot. OTH I was not able to use a discount code I got from Sierra Trading post and since the coupon code was better than the cash back I skipped the cash back.

I have e-bates payments automatically credit to my paypal account. I've never had a problem, my only problem has been remembering to sign in before I shop. Sometimes I'm good about it, other times not so much.

Some folks sign up with multiple cash back sites, check them all before every purchase, and go with the one that offers the largest percentage back. Maybe one day I'll branch out, but I've done e-bates for the past 5 years or so, when I remember of course.

I have e-bates payments automatically credit to my paypal account. I've never had a problem, my only problem has been remembering to sign in before I shop. Sometimes I'm good about it, other times not so much.

Some folks sign up with multiple cash back sites, check them all before every purchase, and go with the one that offers the largest percentage back. Maybe one day I'll branch out, but I've done e-bates for the past 5 years or so, when I remember of course.

Ditto. :)

Wow ..... I just logged it to see how long I have been a member - 1999, the year my almost 12 year old was born! I go through spurts where I use it a lot and then spurts where I forget about it :rolleyes1 (kicking myself for that!).

They have never once been late on a payment and always give credit when I purchase through them.

I am glad I remembered to use them a few weeks ago when we had to replace our TV!

I've been using them for several years and can't complain. I've always gotten checks that were between $10 and $60. I also can't think of a time when my promotional code invalidated the rebate. On the other hand, I have invalidated the rebate by paying through paypal before.

I signed up in the fall; just from Christmas shopping got $37! and it was stuff I would have bought anyway so that was nice. Also got 2 referral credits so an extra $10! I do forget to go through them sometimes but just think of it as free money when you do. Only had one purchase not get credited, I emailed them and had no problem getting the credit.

I have ebates linked to my paypal account which is much nicer than getting the checks in the mail (for me). I love ebates and do a lot of shopping online so I even a good bit in cash back, the only thing I don't like is that ebates is missing a lot of sites that I use very often but aren't a part of their program (for those sites I use mypoints instead), so I wish they'd branch out more. Also it seems I generally have a problem with them crediting money from Sephora.com purchases and usually have to take out a claim for those (not sure why it's only ever a problem with Sephora for me).

Otherwise, I love ebates and I use them for all of my online purchases that I can.

Ebates has been nothing but great for me. I like getting a little back for what I spend. I also get paid through Paypal and so it's really easy.

Why wouldn't you sign up with Ebates? I just check Ebates before I check out at any online store to see if I can go through Ebates and get an additional discount. I don't do any shopping I wouldn't normally do. It's just free money!

Like someone else mentioned, if I've already placed things in an online cart, it's still there when I go through the Ebates link (so that I get the cash back from Ebates.)

I have also been able to use other discounts and coupons along with the cashback from Ebates. I haven't encountered a situation yet, where I wasn't able to combine.

I highly recommend it. There is no work to be done. There is no spam.

I received at least $150 cash back to date.

Thanks for all the responses. Like I said, I already signed up. I'm looking forward to those checks. :goodvibes

I am using it constantly for hotels and car rentals and I love it. I cant say enough about ebates.

I had difficulties once for a big purchase through Harry and Davids. I waited the required amount of time and then filed a request for my earnings. It was granted in a couple of weeks. I still use ebates (and uPromise) all the time.

I just logged into my account to see when I joined. It was 1999 too and I've earned over $476 through them. I'm now waiting on $19 for my next quarter's earnings.

I do use ebates and mypoints. I usually check both of them to see which one has the better deal and then make my purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter