Eating at Val D'Europe Costs??

aliscrapper

DIS Veteran
Hiya

We usually go for 4 days/3 nights but want to extend our trip to 6 or 7 days so we can get more done and take it at a leisurely pace next year.

With staying longer we wondered how much cheaper would it be to eat at the Val D'Europe restaurants??? We're also considering staying at the Adagio so we could cook in the late evening as I understand there is a supermarket at the Val D'Europe that is cheaper??

Any tips/guidance gratefully received!:goodvibes Thanks:thumbsup2

It's much cheaper to eat at Val d'Europe than at Disneyland. There is a Macdonalds if you really want cheap but we tend to eat at Hippopotamus, which is very reasonable for steaks, or at the Creperie near the Adagio. Auchan supermarket is within walking distance of the Adagio and you can pick up croissants and the like for breakfast as well as food for lunches and evening meals. Bear in mind that you have a microwave and a hob in the apartment, so you won't be able to cook meals in an oven or grill.

It's much cheaper to eat at Val d'Europe than at Disneyland. There is a Macdonalds if you really want cheap but we tend to eat at Hippopotamus, which is very reasonable for steaks, or at the Creperie near the Adagio.

Oh wow! Thank you! What kind of price are you looking at for a meal with 2 adults as I've never been to Val D'Europe and haven't a clue how much a meal would be. Just need a rough figure so I can work out some kind of food budget to put forward to DH so I can twist his arm enough to book!!:rotfl: Thanks:thumbsup2

Auchan supermarket is within walking distance of the Adagio and you can pick up croissants and the like for breakfast as well as food for lunches and evening meals. Bear in mind that you have a microwave and a hob in the apartment, so you won't be able to cook meals in an oven or grill.

Thanks. I didn't realise that it was only a hob and microwave at the Adagio so may not be worth paying the extra money to stay there. There are so many hotels in close vicininty to the Val D'Europe and we have never stayed off-site before so looking forward to trying one out; altho not a clue which!:rotfl:

Ali

we stayed in the Hotel D'elysse in July and it was fabulous. The service was quick, efficient and very friendly ! It is literally out the front door and across the road to the auchan, and its open until 10pm ( ithink) - its massive and has loads, including a hot food counter - like a really massive asda/tesco etc... They have everything ! - Mc Donalds is inside too ! There is around the corner a chinese and a pizza place - and we met a few people who got take out kebabs etc from the wee take away place beside the train station (which is literally around the corner - 5min max )! We ate in Disney as we did Cafe Mickey over and over ;) (kids choice).

The hotel bar also serves snacks, ( pizza, baguette & crisps ) ! I couldn't recommend it enough, we got a real bargain on Travel Republic and the only reason we are not going back in March is that we have 2 buggys and had to wait on the lift when getting the train, which was a put off, and the last bus made us miss the end of dreams in the summer as it was on so late!

The Free bus is just outside too and very reliable ! Would be great place for 2 adults !

hth and i've not been rambling !:goodvibes

The last time we ate at Hippopotamus (April), the set menu for a steak, glass of wine and dessert was 16 Euros and I have a feeling that the creperie set menu was about the same price.

We eat a lot of pasta, rice and tinned/pre-prepared meals at the Adagio, supplemented by fresh food from Auchan.

We've also stayed at the Elysee in the past and I like the Adagio for the greater amount of space, but the beds are more comfortable at the Elysee!

The last time we ate at Hippopotamus (April), the set menu for a steak, glass of wine and dessert was 16 Euros and I have a feeling that the creperie set menu was about the same price.

Oh my! That is cheap compared to DLP! Thank you so much - I feel DH and my dream of staying 6/7 days is a whole lot closer to being possible!

We eat a lot of pasta, rice and tinned/pre-prepared meals at the Adagio, supplemented by fresh food from Auchan.

That would suit us down to the ground as that is the kind of food we eat at home and I do Slimming World so would mean I wouldn't be coming home to as big a gain in weight as I normally do! lol!!

We've also stayed at the Elysee in the past and I like the Adagio for the greater amount of space, but the beds are more comfortable at the Elysee!

I think we will be spoilt for choice with hotels - oh well - will give us an excuse to keep going back - trying out the different hotels! Yay!:cool1::rotfl:

Ali

we stayed in the Hotel D'elysse in July and it was fabulous. The service was quick, efficient and very friendly ! It is literally out the front door and across the road to the auchan, and its open until 10pm ( ithink) - its massive and has loads, including a hot food counter - like a really massive asda/tesco etc... They have everything ! - Mc Donalds is inside too ! There is around the corner a chinese and a pizza place - and we met a few people who got take out kebabs etc from the wee take away place beside the train station (which is literally around the corner - 5min max )! We ate in Disney as we did Cafe Mickey over and over ;) (kids choice).

The hotel bar also serves snacks, ( pizza, baguette & crisps ) ! I couldn't recommend it enough, we got a real bargain on Travel Republic and the only reason we are not going back in March is that we have 2 buggys and had to wait on the lift when getting the train, which was a put off, and the last bus made us miss the end of dreams in the summer as it was on so late!

The Free bus is just outside too and very reliable ! Would be great place for 2 adults !

hth and i've not been rambling !:goodvibes

Definitely not rambling - the more information the better so thank you so much for posting!

I think we may definitely eat at Annettes as DH and I would be unable to do a trip to DLP without eating here as it is our favourite!:goodvibes We also eat at Cafe Mickey before boarding the Eurostar on our last day in June and when your tired and exhausted fun and games with Mickey before leaving the magic was the best way to end our holiday so think we may do that next year too.:goodvibes But if for the other 4-5 days we can eat relatively cheaply it would make a week at DLP definitely within our budget and it is so wonderful to hear that the restaurants at Val D'Europe and the Auchan have such a wonderful mix of different foods!

Thanks so much for starting this thread, we're thinking of popping to Val d'Europe one day of our trip next year and it's good to know that there's reasonably priced food there.

The restaurants at Val d'Europe are open 7 days a week even when the shopping center is closed as they are at the far end of the complex

They open at 10.00 for the fast food/sandwich ones and around 11-11.30 for the others. They are open until late 23.00-00.00

There are some more at the back of the complex on the Place Toscane - a pizza place, a tapas bar-resturant, a Korean bbq, Subway and a creperie

You also have a couple of brasseries near the entrance to the RER - bus station side plus a Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant

If you look at the Va d'Europe site you can see the list of the restos and many of them have web site that have menus on

http://www.valdeurope.fr/restaurants

I've written a few posts on VdE so they should come up in a search if not tell me which resto or what food you are interested by and I'll tell you what I think ;)

Here's a vid showing you some of the food court at the far end (to the RER) of the CC

http://www.valdeurope.fr/video?id_contenu=23

I love both the chinese and the japanese restaurants at Val d'Europe - would recommend the set meals at both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter