Eating at MGM???? Fantasmic

libinatorsmom

DIS Veteran
:goodvibes We have read over the menus of the MGM resturants for the Fantasmic Dining Packages and we are less then impressed... We have been thinking about going and sitting the hour or so wait to see Fantasmic and then having one of us run and get quick service food and sit and eat it while we wait for the show..... is this a viable optition?? is it possible??? stupid???

Thanks for the help... :)

We were there during this time in 2002, and depending on what day of the week you plan on going to the studios, it could be on the busy side (fri - sun). We did the package when we were there and ate at H&V buffet, it was okay not the best but I have had far worse. When we go next year we are going to try Mama Melrose, the menu looks decent and I have read enough good reviews to give it a try.

In all honestly, the Fantasmic package seating is not so great. Most times, it is off to the sides of the theater.

I would much prefer to arrive ahead of time, pick a seat, have someone stay there and then go get a counter service meal to take back to the theater. There is a small snack shop at the Fantasmic theater. I believe they sold churros, hot dogs, pretzels and turkey legs. Right near the entrance to the Fantasmic theater are several places you can buy hot dogs, pizza, burgers, etc. We did this for years and years.

Last year, we booked a dinner at the Sci-Fi at 7:30 p.m., ate our dinner and headed over to the Fantasmic theater. Had plenty of time for the late showing. We are planning on doing the same thing this June.

I've done this several times. I usually order a cheeseburger and fries from Rosie's All-American Cafe (in the Sunset Market area) and ask them to put my order in a paper sack. Then I just sit in the stands, waiting for Fantasmic and enjoying my dinner.

In November we got Turkey Legs! If you are not at all shy about hundreds of people gawking at you-GO FOR IT! I truly believe some people make it a sport of watching turkey legs being devoured. Also, keep in mind if Fantasmic is shown early around dinner times you will be surrounded with hungry spectators.

I really think this is what we are going to do... and save our TS credits... since we are running short on those anyway... :) I think we are going to do this the 1st night we are there as a kick-off... to our trip...

This is what we always do! Get to go meals from Sunset Market (across the street from the entrance) and eat them as we wait. Some people will look at you funny, but.... who cares? You'll be eating a good meal, and get a good seat while you're at it!

Wow i didn't know u could sit in the thatre and eat that is great u just saved me $95.00 i was going to blow on H&V which i was not so impressed with. That is great idea. thanks

mickey_mouse.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter