Eat at Home 3!

So, it was a Trader Joe's/Safeway week...I have firm plans for the 1st 3 days and wishy-washy ones for the rest...

Sunday - DiGorno pizza (Trader joe tamale for me), iceberg/tomato/cucumber salad with balsamic vinagrette, blueberries and pears
Monday - Perdue deli chicken sandwiches with lettuce/tomato/onion/pickles on bakery rolls (Safeway sale), roasted broccoli. sliced oranges and seedless black grapes
Tuesday - Shrimp tacos (finally doing this) - got a ridiculous-ly cheap restaurant tomatillo salsa, so I'll marinade the shrimp in that and use it as one of the toppings with homemade guac, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese (for the kids), roasted Mexican potatoes, clementines

Then, my rough guesses for Wed-Fri...

Wed - Hearty shakshuka with harissa, eggplant, bell peppers, onions with homemade garlic bread, microwave bacon (if folks want meat), and fruit
Thurs - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roasted parsnips and carrots, and fruit
Fri - Chicken Satay bites (Trader Joe's new satay sauce), rice, cucumber salad, fruit

And then Saturday is double date night (almost free theater tickets for a 2pm show, and we think we're going to dinner after) - kids will get to order fast food in.

Still working through food we have here. Most of this is using up something from the freezer/pantry.

Tonight- chicken cutlets, potatoes au gratin, salad
Tomorrow- Aldi pizza
Tues- orange chicken (from TJs), rice, green beans
Wed- tomato pesto pasta, salad
Thur- hot dogs, fries, baked beans, salad
Fri- BBQ chicken pizza, salad
Sat- out

Sat - eating out

Sun - teriyaki salmon bowls

Mon - smoked sausage/cabbage skillet, mashed potatoes. We were going to have smoked sausage last week, but it got bumped.

Tues - crockpot lentil soup

Wed- one pot chicken and dirty rice

Thurs - baked flounder, roasted vegetables
Loving the crock pot meals!

Sat- Home made lemon, chicken, rice soup and bread. Had the leftover for lunch Sunday. Froze some of the loaf to make garlic bread and croutons later this week.
Sun- Crock pot beef stew w/onion, carrot and parsnips. The grocery store had sale on nice chuck roast so we will definitely be having leftovers!
Mon -Home made Meatballs and sauce and trying a Rana Lasagne I found on sale. Garlic bread .This will also have leftovers.
Tues - Leftover Beef stew over mashed potatoes.
Wed- meatball sandwiches on garlic bread
Thu-breakfast tacos (eggs, jimmy dean sausage and cheese) toppings fresh avocado , sour cream , cilantro and pico de gallo, roasted baby potatoes, peppers and onions.
Fri-leftover lasagne and cesar salad with home made croutons

My oven died yesterday (while making Mac and cheese which we ate barely warm) so I’ll be trying out my new cuisinart toaster/oven/air fryer that’s been sitting in a box since Christmas. Pretty sure it’s the thermostat on the oven that went and this is the third time it’s died so going stove shopping next weekend and hoping for a quick delivery.

Sunday - barely warm Mac and cheese
Monday - crab stuffed chicken breasts with rice and peas
Tuesday - chicken fried rice (using leftover chicken from last week I froze)
Wednesday - tacos
Thursday -tortellini Alfredo and salad
Friday - nachos with leftover taco stuff

Edit: silver lining I don’t have to clean the oven now!

Went to the grocery store Saturday afternoon, so refilled the fridge with stuff. So here's my list. Not sure what combination/night everything will be served. But here goes..

Sunday - hoagie sandwiches, chips;
Monday - sausage wraps, veggies (wife had bible study, so it was just me);
Tuesday - sloppy joes, tater tots;
Wednesday - most likely cereal or fast food (we both have bible study then choir);
Thursday - chicken fajitas, rice;
Friday/Saturday - shrimp alfredo (got a new recipe with no corn starch since I'm allergic to corn) and bread;
Friday/Saturday - out weekly meal eating out;

Will be able to have leftovers, sandwiches, stuff like that for lunch. Not sure what to have for breakfast as I can't think of foods to take to work then prepare there. So I mostly eat breakfast out.

Why don't you buy a box of frozen breakfast sandwiches at the grocery store and bring one of them to microwave at work each morning? Toss an apple, banana, or orange into your lunch box, too, and you have a nice breakfast for a lot less $$ than a breakfast out at a restaurant or drive-through. That savings can go toward your high-interest loan.

Went to the grocery store Saturday afternoon, so refilled the fridge with stuff. So here's my list. Not sure what combination/night everything will be served. But here goes..

Sunday - hoagie sandwiches, chips;
Monday - sausage wraps, veggies (wife had bible study, so it was just me);
Tuesday - sloppy joes, tater tots;
Wednesday - most likely cereal or fast food (we both have bible study then choir);
Thursday - chicken fajitas, rice;
Friday/Saturday - shrimp alfredo (got a new recipe with no corn starch since I'm allergic to corn) and bread;
Friday/Saturday - out weekly meal eating out;

Will be able to have leftovers, sandwiches, stuff like that for lunch. Not sure what to have for breakfast as I can't think of foods to take to work then prepare there. So I mostly eat breakfast out.
I have never heard of corn starch in Alfredo sauce. Were they using it to thicken the sauce? My recipe is just butter, heavy cream, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. It’s hope you enjoy the new recipe!

When I still went into the office, I would bring boiled eggs (which made me popular with my coworkers, lol) and fruit, scrambled egg muffins, or overnight oats in a mason jar. Those things are very portable and beat spending money on eating out. You can also prepare breakfast sandwiches in advance and just heat them up in a microwave if you have one available to you.

I also have never heard of Alfredo sauce with corn starch. I use regular flour to make a roux to thicken the sauce.

I actually tried the Jimmy Dean ones. Didn't like them and had to eat 2-3 since they were so small. But honestly, I can spare $1.62/day, which is what I spend on breakfast. Can't bring breakfast much cheaper than that. But I agree that I need to pay a little extra toward that loan every time. Even if it's just $10-$15. Everything helps.

Why don't you buy a box of frozen breakfast sandwiches at the grocery store and bring one of them to microwave at work each morning? Toss an apple, banana, or orange into your lunch box, too, and you have a nice breakfast for a lot less $$ than a breakfast out at a restaurant or drive-through. That savings can go toward your high-interest loan.

We hadn't heard about it either. But on one of our early Disney trips, we booked lunch at Tony's. On the food allergies, we put corn. My wife went to order alfredo at lunch when we went, and they told her she couldn't. She asked why. They told her someone at our table had an allergy to corn, so they can't bring anything with corn in it to the table. That's the only reason we knew. But now we ask, and Olive Garden has it in theirs as do a couple of other places we go to.

I have never heard of corn starch in Alfredo sauce. Were they using it to thicken the sauce? My recipe is just butter, heavy cream, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. It’s hope you enjoy the new recipe!

Thanks for the tip. THe reason I don't do boiled eggs (or prepare breakfast) is because my wife would have a cow if I dirtied up dishes in the morning. Or even cook at all. She's not a morning person at all. So any noises upsets her. But I do understand. I try to bring a piece of fruit to go with my $1.62 muffin and egg I get. But I just can't eat the fruit fast enough. I'll buy like 2 oranges, 2 apples, 3-4 bananas and the fruit will go bad before I can eat it in the 3 or so days after I buy it. But I do try and bring fruit when I have just gone to the grocery store.

When I still went into the office, I would bring boiled eggs (which made me popular with my coworkers, lol) and fruit, scrambled egg muffins, or overnight oats in a mason jar. Those things are very portable and beat spending money on eating out. You can also prepare breakfast sandwiches in advance and just heat them up in a microwave if you have one available to you.

I also have never heard of Alfredo sauce with corn starch. I use regular flour to make a roux to thicken the sauce.

Thanks for the tip. THe reason I don't do boiled eggs (or prepare breakfast) is because my wife would have a cow if I dirtied up dishes in the morning. Or even cook at all. She's not a morning person at all. So any noises upsets her. But I do understand. I try to bring a piece of fruit to go with my $1.62 muffin and egg I get. But I just can't eat the fruit fast enough. I'll buy like 2 oranges, 2 apples, 3-4 bananas and the fruit will go bad before I can eat it in the 3 or so days after I buy it. But I do try and bring fruit when I have just gone to the grocery store.
The nice thing about the breakfasts I listed is that they can easily be made and packaged up the night or even weekend before. They become grab and go in the morning.

The nice thing about the breakfasts I listed is that they can easily be made and packaged up the night or even weekend before. They become grab and go in the morning.
When my daughter is in the mood for breakfast sandwiches she will made a bunch of scrambled egg bites and make a sandwich right before she leaves for work.

I bought a new stove this morning. Can’t wait to get it.

Sunday- snacks for the game
Monday - burrito bowls
Tuesday- seafood stuffed thin chicken breasts ( I’m running out of things to stuff in thin chicken but it fits in the toaster oven) with rice pilaf and peas
Wednesday - pasta with meatballs and salad
Thursday - grilled cheese and lobster bisque
Friday - maybe quesadillas not sure yet.

Last edited:
Here's the plan...how it actually shakes out is always questionable LOL. Always try to use the leftovers for lunches at the very least.

Sunday- Cheese and chocolate fondue with assorted dippers and any other snacky food we feel like
Monday- Chinese take out
Tuesday- BBQ turkey meatballs over egg noodles
Wednesday- Fillets with a baked potato for me and baked sweet potato for DH (this is only meal that's certain)
Thursday- Huli huli chicken over rice
Friday- TBD (probably leftovers or something easy like frozen pizza or pasta)

Sunday- Super Bowl snacks- making wings, soft pretzels, mac and cheese bites, and salad
Monday- baked ziti
Tue- BBQ chicken pizza
Wed- sweet and spicy shrimp, roasted potatoes, green beans
Thur- orange chicken, rice, green beans
Fri- chicken parm, pasta

Sunday- ordering wings and cheese curds from Buffalo Wild Wings. We are also having chips and queso and shrimp cocktail.

Monday - sheet pan nachos

Tuesday - tuna melts and chips

Wednesday - I always make spaghetti and meatballs and we watch Lady and the Tramp. I will also make chocolate cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting.

Thursday - I think I’m going to dinner with a friend. The guys will probably have pizza.

Friday - it’s my oldest ds 17th birthday. He requested Zuppa Toscana soup. I ordered a French macaron tower from the local candy shop. He wanted that instead of a cake.

My oven died yesterday (while making Mac and cheese which we ate barely warm) so I’ll be trying out my new cuisinart toaster/oven/air fryer that’s been sitting in a box since Christmas. Pretty sure it’s the thermostat on the oven that went and this is the third time it’s died so going stove shopping next weekend and hoping for a quick delivery.

Sunday - barely warm Mac and cheese
Monday - crab stuffed chicken breasts with rice and peas
Tuesday - chicken fried rice (using leftover chicken from last week I froze)
Wednesday - tacos
Thursday -tortellini Alfredo and salad
Friday - nachos with leftover taco stuff

Edit: silver lining I don’t have to clean the oven now!
Our oven croaked last year at our camp and we have not replaced it yet. We use the Crockpot, Microwave, electric skillet, pizza oven , airfryer, George Forman and outdoor grill.
Not cleaning the oven is a nice bonus!
Enjoy the new oven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter