Eastern or Western?

nisiemouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Has anyone done both? Which would you recommend? We will be first time cruisers and will be hanging around this forum a lot in the next few months. There is so much to learn.:D

western is full of stops and eastern has 3 days at sea. just depends on where you what to go and if you what to just relax

I love the days at sea, so I like the Eastern... I also love St Martin. Depends if you are a person that enjoys relaxing or adventures. Adventures would be Western, and relaxing would be Eastern....

I agree, Eastern has probably better relaxation. If you want quiet serenity (st. John), Shopping (Liquor, jewelery, imports) (Sts. Maartin & Thomas), pretty good snorkeling, nice beautiful beaches and lower costs, Eastern is for you. (And that extra Sea Day).

I prefer Western. I more enjoy the adventure sports (parasailing, wave runners, jeep safaris, scuba diving) and they are more prevailant in the Western itinerary. I also enjoy the party atmosphere of Cozumel! Had some of my best days (and nights) on cruises in Cozumel. Grand Cayman is the snorkeling and water sports capitol of the world. Flat with numerous beaches and Excellent, Excellent snorkeling. This island is fairly expensive. Don't expect to do much shopping here (unless you are on an unlimited budget). I love Grand Cayman, but I also love St. Thomas/John.

I also prefer ports to sea days, so Western wins the prize. You'll just have to try both and let us know!

Have a great trip!
Maureen:sunny:

In my opinion, the Eastern is better for the shopping and the Western is better for the excursions......Andy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter