Eastern Dining Schedule

62travelDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Anyone recently back from eastern with the dining schedule? Finding conflicting info. and am trying to plan ahead.....Any tips on best night for Palo and best rotation with kids 11,9,6 & 4.

Thanks!

I was on the 2/7 Eastern Magic. Don't know what you mean by dining schedule. There is the 6 and 8:30 seating choice. There are the 3 rotations, which you are obviously familiar with. The first 3 nights are the "restaurant" meals....Animators has the same menu 3 nights in a row, but you only see it one of those nights, ditto for Parrot and Lumiere's. The last 4 nights are the "special event" menus where each restaurant serves the same food (tropicali, best of..., etc.)

We changed to PLAPLAP in order to have our favorite server. This was the rotation for the "middle" kids primarily. However, we considered it worthwhile to change from the adult/older kid rotation to have our server. In addition, this was the rotation that put us at Lumiere's on formal night and Parrot on tropicali night.

If this doesn't answer your question, please give my dense head another chance. If you'll try to ask the question in a different way, I'll try to answer it again.

By dining schedule, do you want to know what menu they have each night? It that's what you're looking for, this is what we had on our cruise (2/7)
Saturday through Monday just say -
"We proudly present our Evening Rotational Dining Menu" and Sunday night was Formal night.
Tuesday it was-
"Tropicalifragilisticexpialidocious Menu"
Wednesday was-
"Around the World Menu"
Thursday was-
"Captain's Gala Menu" (semi-formal night)
and Friday was-
"The Best of"

Hope this helps some.

::MinnieMo

Sorry guys, my question was confusing...... I guess what I wanted to know was when's formal night, when's semi-formal night, etc...

Thanks!
Laurie

Originally posted by JenGang
By dining schedule, do you want to know what menu they have each night? It that's what you're looking for, this is what we had on our cruise (2/7)
Saturday through Monday just say -
"We proudly present our Evening Rotational Dining Menu" and Sunday night was Formal night.
Tuesday it was-
"Tropicalifragilisticexpialidocious Menu"
Wednesday was-
"Around the World Menu"
Thursday was-
"Captain's Gala Menu" (semi-formal night)
and Friday was-
"The Best of"

Hope this helps some.

Thanks Jen, this is what I needed although I didn't articulate it very well. If you had to miss one of Tues. -FRi. to go to Palo which would it be?:Hope your cruise was a blast, can't wait for ours! sunny:

Originally posted by 62travelDisney
Thanks Jen, this is what I needed although I didn't articulate it very well. If you had to miss one of Tues. -FRi. to go to Palo which would it be?:Hope your cruise was a blast, can't wait for ours! sunny:

Well, we missed on on Thursday night although I kinda wish we hadn't. But that was our anniversary and I really wanted to go to Palo that night. I think if I had to miss one, I'd say Wed. night because I wasn't terribly thrilled with that menu. Not that it was bad or anything but it wasn't my favorite.

We've chosen to miss the Tropical night which also happens to be the night that Goofy's PJ party happens in the kids club from 7:30-9:30. My DD wants to attend that so we thought we'd take her to supper, not eat, and then go to Palo at 7:30.

Originally posted by Luv2Dream
We've chosen to miss the Tropical night which also happens to be the night that Goofy's PJ party happens in the kids club from 7:30-9:30. My DD wants to attend that so we thought we'd take her to supper, not eat, and then go to Palo at 7:30.

Thanks Luv2Dream, that's sounds like a perfect plan for us too! These are the details I've had trouble figuring out :confused:

I can understand. It took a bit of research and helpful answers from many DISers to figure out my "cruise schedule". If you go to castawayclub.com, you can click on the personal navigators for the cruise, including the kids navigators for each age group. They also have the menus, etc. This site is very helpful in case you haven't found it yet. Good luck!

Lynn

you can find the menu's at dave'site http://dcltribute.com/menus/

that way you can see which night's menu isn't as wonderful as the next and go to Palo's on that night..

we are thinking of not doing dinner at Palo's but doing the bruch instead.

I was delighted to see some tweaking on the menu. Lobster was Thursday, and my favorite beef tenderloin was Friday. They used to be the same night, making for tough decisions.

Our dining schedule goes something like this:
Embarkation Lunch: eat way to much, but there's room for dinner.
Dinner
Breakfast (way to much once again)
Lunch
snack (pizza, hot dog, hamburger, chocolate chip cookies)
Dinner
Late night snack on beat street
breakfast
Brunch in Palo
dinner
breakfast
Lunch - NO WAY - can't eat another bite
dinner

mid night dessert buffet if for no other reason to look - OK I'll just try a small smidgen of something - well that turned out to be a lot of tasting of a lot of desserts

then the rest of the cruise goes breakfast, a little fruit and dinner

That's one of the reasons why I take the stairs always. In order to have the next great meal I have to skip lunch and get some more exercise.

My plan is to eat as much as I want regardless of what DW says. The problem is I can't eat that much:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter