Easter Week Reviews

stace1214

DIS Veteran
Cast of Characters: Me, Stacey and my daughter Emilia (11)
Dates: April 1-7

boma.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of traveling during school breaks, but my son's HS Chamber Orchestra had a trip planned and would be playing at Disney Springs so we decided to go as well. Of course my 14 year old son wanted to hang out with his friends all week so it was my daughter and I on our own. We had a blast!!

We had reservations at Boma for 6:40 and our plane was delayed and landed at 5:45. Somehow we made to our resort, changed quickly and made to our reservation just five minutes late. Phew! I didn't take any pics of the buffet due to how busy it was. The highlights for us were: the peanut rice, pasta salad, strip loin, butternut squash soup and my daughter LOVED the desserts. It's a bit of a waste of money to take her to a buffet type meal, she truly eats like a bird, but I love Boma and hadn't been in a few years so it was well worth it! After eating way too much we headed back for a swim and a much needed sleep to get ready for our first park day- EPCOT!

dessert.jpg

After a quick yogurt in the room we headed to Epcot! Although it was busy, we were able to get right on Soarin', Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo and Imagination. We were starving at that point and headed to Les Halles in France. I had my favorite- Croissant jabon fromage. It is truly to die for! Of course I dug right in and did not snap a pic, but I did find this one online (photo credit to DisneyFoodBlog) My daughter had a chocolate croissant and said it was great.
ham-and-cheese-croissant-at-boulangerie.jpg

After a walk around World Showcase and a few more attractions we headed to our reservation at San Angel Inn. To be honest, it's not my favorite and was a request by my daughter. I love the ambiance, and although the food is okay, it's never great. I kept it simple and had a refreshing while wine and some chips and guac. She had the kids tacos. She really liked them and ate ever bit. The guac is always good here and I love the bits of mango they put in it. It was really hot that day and we were ready for a swim break. We headed back to the hotel for some AC and swimming with plans to return later on for more attractions, dinner and Luminous!
guac.jpg

taco.jpg

Your daughter looks so happy eating her tacos! I agree with you on the restaurant. The general atmosphere is amazing. The tables being almost on top of each other is not. The food seems to be inconsistent. But give me a margarita and some guac and I'm a happy gal.

After some swimming we headed back for a few more rides and to watch Luminous. We hit a couple Flower and Garden Booths. Heading towards Test Track we stopped at Farmer's Feast and had the most delicious scallop! It was a seared scallop with tomato risotto. Luckily my kiddo does not like seafood because I was not about to share this! Only complaint is that I definitely would have loved another scallop or two! Photo credit: Disney Food Blog. It looked so good I didn't stop for a pic first!
scallpp.jpg

After wandering through Moana - so cute! We came upon the Honey Bee-stro booth and had to try the cornbread waffle and fried chicken with hot honey. It was really tasty, very fresh tasting and much bigger than I thought it would be.
IMG_3396.jpg

Later on after walking through most of the countries and their shops my daughter was hungry and thought pizza sounded good. Now you know that the only decent pizza in Epcot is Via Napoli and there was no way we were getting a table during a busy Spring Break week so our only option on that side of Epcot was the pizza window. We shared a slice of cheese which was okay at best and I had a glass of fabulous prosecco that definitely made it so much better.

We watched Luminous for the first time and loved it. Honestly, I could take or leave the soundtrack but the actual show as sooooo good! What an amazing day we had! Next up a sleep in, a day at Disney Springs and lots of pool time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter