Easter Dessert

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
I'm trying to finalize my Easter dinner plans. I want something easy and quick for dessert. I was thinking something lemony or fruity. Any ideas?

I was thinking some kind of lemon pie, chilled lemon something....Just drawing a blank as to what to do.

I would defintly say lemon bars! Or I personally love lemon pie without the meringue!

This is not exactly quick but it sure is good. It is ginger-lime coconut cake with marshmellow frosting. THe ginger isnt a main flavor and I sub. lemon for lime in the curd filling.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/109595
If you use a regular cake mix then it would be faster. The marshmellow cream is worth making it is very good.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought of grain pie, but it is not quick and not fruity. Apple or peach crisp is always good, but not exactly quick either.

ugadog99 said:
Now that looks good. It's just the kind of thing I'm looking for. Thanks!

Yes, it sure does...let us know how it turns out if you make it...wish I had seen it before i had everyone over today. I made a pineapple sour cream pie, which was very good, but that lemon raspberry pies looks scrumptious!

mickeymousemom said:
Yes, it sure does...let us know how it turns out if you make it...wish I had seen it before i had everyone over today. I made a pineapple sour cream pie, which was very good, but that lemon raspberry pies looks scrumptious!

Twigs what is a grain pie?

mickeymousemom
do you have a recipe for the pineapple sour cream pie?
DH is a huge pineapple fan!

thanks!

Jean

Twigs what is a grain pie?

Grain pie is an Italian dessert usually seved on Easter. It is made with ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar and a wheat grain that is cooked prior and is like soft kernals. It is sweet and really good. If you would like the recipe let me know and I will post it.

edited to add: The first time I had it was at work and 2 of the ladies I worked with brought it in at Easter time. I thought it was really weird and didn't think I would like it but I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter