Easter basket ideas

mrudman

DIS Veteran
Can we start a thread so I can get some different ideas for little gifts for dd's for Easter..

They're 8 and 10 yrs old and for several years now, I've set up a scavenger hunt on Easter morning for them to find all the stuff that goes into their basket (leave the basket empty on couch with 1st clue in it).

I don't like getting them a whole bunch of candy, so each year I try to come up with different little gifts at each "station".

Just having a hard time coming up with stuff this year.. so far, i've gotten them their choc. bunny (only candy they get each year), parachute bunnies, soda pop bubbles, puzzles, aerobies (like frisbees), card games, and bunny bowling.

Would like about 4 more things to get.. try to make about 10 stations for them with something for each of them at each station.

We're going to be doing a lot of camping this year, so was trying to think of something they could take along/do during the trips.. but so far haven't really come up with anything.

Neither of them are really "girly" girls... older dd likes sports, boy-type toys, etc... younger dd is the more girly one, but she's got a ton of purses/jewelry/etc, so probably gonna stay away from that type of thing.

Any ideas? Thanks, :goodvibes

Jump rope
tattoos
stickers
some sort of craft kit
kite (I got one for my kids each year for years and they loved them)
soap crayolas
sidewalk chalk
seeds to plant in a garden or pot
super ball
book
movie

Thanks for the ideas!

Love the seed/pot idea! Also, kites would be wonderful!

And forgot, I did get them a book each already, that reminded me, lol.. bought them couple wks ago at the school book fair (had to smuggle them while dd's weren't looking, :))

Tangled movie (comes out March 29)
Kingdom Keepers 4 book (if they like the series) - comes out April 5
iTunes cards if they have iPods
books
earrings or nail polish for the girly one
LED flashlights for camping (or reading under the covers at night ;))
gum

We do a lot of stuff they are going to need anyway but just a little special:

-a cute summer t-shirt
-bathing suit
-flip flops
-water bottle
-sun glasses
-pool toy
-beach towel

A few non candy food treats:
packs of gold fish, trail mix, whatever is their favorite.
-juice boxes

Small amount gift cards: fast food, ice cream, movie, build-a-bear or whatever!

I always buy "special" things that I can put in their lunchboxes that I don't usually buy because they are pricey like the pre-packaged cookies and treats.

You said camping and I immediatley thought of glow sticks and glow bracelets and stuff. I always take glow things camping with us because the kids love them and it helps me see them at night. They think it's great and I love the pratical side of it;) Also: visors, beach balls, flip flops, packs of cards.

my kids Easter baskets always get overfilled... I like the fun visual of it...DD's (15) will have flip flops, socks (i roll each pair and tie with ribbon), tank tops (rolled and tied), swimsuits, nail polish, candy... and DS's (5) will have a dvd, wii game, lego's, flip flops, t-shirt, socks, candy... they both get plastic eggs with money in them (not much, mabye $5).. lots of easter grass too!
i do 4 baskets, my two kids, my neice and my dd's "boyfriend" this year..

sidewalk chalk
caribeaner clips
flashlighs
glow bracelets
coloring book/crayons
word search book
new kickball/playground ball

Have fun!

I got a really cute disney princess flashlight at walmart last fall for camping. How about a couple compasses or whistles? Maybe inexpensive binoculars (the cheap kid kind) for seeing birds while you are out there. I've actually seen children's binoculars with build in compass, whistle and flashlight before. :laughing:

This year instead of a big basket I got both my dd's4 and 8 chamilla kids bracelets with a Minnie mouse charm and each have a half of a best friends charm.

Thanks for the ideas!

Love the seed/pot idea! Also, kites would be wonderful!

Target has seeds in pots in the Dollar section. I got a couple of sunflowers and strawberries.

My boys always liked the bug catchers and nets you can get at the Dollar Store.

How about -
-- A small guidebook on something like identifying animal tracks or plants or birds. That might be neat. You could also tuck in a small journal for keeping notes on their adventures.
-- Some chapstick with sunscreen
-- Craft supplies - my DD loves the stickers in different shapes and colors and textures to decorate her binders and bags and anything else that will hold still.:rotfl:
-- Disposable cameras
-- A new light rain jacket or poncho that folds up and stows away into its own little pocket
-- Scrapbooks and supplies for memories of their trips - some stuff especially themed to camping would be fun.

These are great ideas guys. I am having a c section in 3 weeks and want to have everything done before the baby comes, so these ideas are wonderful! :)

Something that we did last year was a lego set. For the egg hunt we put a few lego pieces inside each of the plastic eggs. I think we put the directions in the baskets with a few other things and then they had a lego set to put together after ward. My son and nephew really liked it.

We went camping one year for Spring Break and left the day after Easter so the kids got a smores kit (marshmallows, chocolate bars, graham crackers, and sticks). I used large sand buckets instead of baskets and the supplies took up a good bit. I added a kite, dollar store glow sticks, and bubbles plus our usual new beach towel and flip flops (bought for baskets every year and great for the budget because I'd buy them anyway)

The extendable roasting sticks were a huge hit. I bought them at Walmart and the kids love them.

YYW1-SRS4ECC-Main-sp.jpg

my mom got DD this last year for easter b/c she loves to play "campout"
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Camp-Lantern-Bright-Pink/dp/B00168ROGS/ref=sr_1_19?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1299946224&sr=1-19
its actually pretty bright, its very cute and small, perfect for little hands. She loves it.
DD is into American girl so I usually hit a thrift shop and look for a few outfits for cheap.
I ordered her Junie B Jones, the first book in the series so we could start on that. I think she'll like it b/c she'll be able to identify with Junie, same age, same grade, etc.
Not sure what else I'll get her this year. GL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter