Easter 2010 best bet for hotel booking

match

Earning My Ears
Been following all your advice for a while now but bit the bullet and decided to register for more specific help!
Have got the flights 5-17th April (12 nights) with Delta indirect, stop over timing wrong way round (1.5 hours going and 5 coming back) but never mind it was £335 each.
So we need to get a deal for a hotel. Onsite as I don't drive (and on own with DS 12) and value as Easter is high season (done New Year before so can cope with the crowds but not the price!)
Disney UK site is £924 for All Stars plus £239 each for the 14 day tickets.
Disney US site is a bit dearer and you only get a 10 day ticket .
The questions are:
Will either one go down in price?
Do I leave it later to book but if we get DDP I want to book before my ADR window comes up.
Any other places we can book that's cheaper?
If I book with US site they might release a deal (at Easter?) and apply it to my booking?
What's an AAA discount - can we get this in UK thru Disney US site?
Enough questions for my first post! Thanks

Welcome to DISboards match.

Firstly congrats on flights, great price.:thumbsup2

Now hotel, if you are sticking to a tight budget then you could consider offsite, Lake buena Vista area have good hotels with free internet, free breakfast, fridge, microwave etc all from about £20/night(probably a little more being Easter) many of them run shuttles to the parks.

Onsite, just found a deal for your dates at either AS Sports or AS Music with Monarch (Airline) been going for years. Quidco pay 5% cashback http://www.quidco.com/monarch-hotels/ making the price £801.80, a nice saving over Disney, still expensive to me but many pay it.

You can then buy your tickets cheaper than Disney, see Kenny's link here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283927 14 day tix £218.

Cost could possibly come down on US site but doubt it as its Easter, after Xmas/NY its 2nd busiest time of year.

AAA discounts can be obtain using UK AA membership but only on US site not UK.

Ask all the questions you want, someone will answer if not me.

Hi, can you give more information about the flights - where are you flying from and to?

Thanks

In a similar situation to you only we go in May rather than Easter! Got flights but still holding out for a hotel deal. The Free Dining offer ends on the US site in about 7 days so I'm hoping there might be a new US based offer for then as last year it was 4 for 3 for around our dates. If you go here it shows you the historical WDW discounts (although US based).

I hope you find something :wizard:

So we need to get a deal for a hotel. Onsite as I don't drive (and on own with DS 12) and value as Easter is high season (done New Year before so can cope with the crowds but not the price!)

Welcome to the site.

There are a number of hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard which are between Downtown Disney and Lake Buena Vista (see here) which all offer a frequent (30 minute) bus service to the theme parks, and are within walking distance of Downtown Disney and the restaurants at Crossroads. May be worth checking to see if you can get a decent price with them.

The flights are with Delta direct thru their website, 5-17 April 10 indirect from Heathrow via Detroit going out 8.50am arrive 4.20 at Orlando International (1 hours 35mins stopover) and via Minneapolis coming back leave Orlando 10.56am and arrive back UK 8.15 next day (4 hours 39 mins stopover). The price was £675 for 2 but I booked it on 22 May- I was looking on their website every day until the 5th was released. Then i left it until I got home to book and there was only the long stop over left, had been a better flight back available earlier in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter