Easter 2003

chowells

Earning My Ears
Thinking of visiting WDW Easter next year (think it's at the end of April)
Can any one tell me what the parks are like at that time of year regarding queues, opening hours etc., and the weather ?

Easter is <b>busy</b>, but if it's as late as you say then it may miss coinciding with the US college Spring Break dates which might ease the congestion a little.

This Easter there were reports that MK, MGM and Epcot all closed their gates for a while over Easter weekend as they were full , but to compensate for heavy attendances the parks will be open late and there will be many more parades and fireworks scheduled than at quieter times.

The weather in late April is usually beautiful.

Have fun planning :)

Hi

I have many friends who have visited Florida at Easter and say the weather is glorious. The parks can be very busy though.

Regarding accommodation, whether hotel or villa, book early or you could be dissapointed. It's a very popular time to visit. Our villa was booked over a year in advance for Easter 2002 and we were still getting enquiries up until Good Friday. There were many people who left it to late to book and ended up without a holiday.

Easter Sunday is the 20th April 2003:)

We have gone several times over/before/after the Easter period and the WDW resorts fill up the weekend before the Easter weekend and from then on the parks and resorts remain busy until after Easter. As Hilary says, with an early Easter break, you have Spring Break too so the parks remained busy for a time after Easter. However, next year, hopefully after the weekend, there should be a marked decrease in numbers.

April is glorious - zero humidity, plenty of lovely sunshine!

One year, we wanted to see the Easter parade and we braved a MOBBED MK, to watch the parade - this was being filmed the weekend before Easter on the Saturday. The parade itself was wonderful but often interrupted for the filming and so took ages and ages to finish!! ( we were notified of this before we entered the park) As soon as the parade was over we hopped to EPCOT. However, we've given the parks a wide berth since then on or near Easter.

Hi

We have only ever been at Easter because of having to go in school holiday time. Easter hols next year are from Mon 14 to Fri 25 April which is when we're going again. All I can say (because I can't compare it with any other time) is expect it to be massively busy. We did find that some parks closed mid morning because they were full to capacity. All the Disney parks were full of crowds everywhere but we found US quite comfortable to walk around even though it was busy. Oh and expect long, long queues! We queued for 55 minutes to go on Atlantis at SW. Aim for Fastpasses as soon as you get in the parks.

The good points? The parks stay open until 11 pm and even midnight in some cases and the atmosphere is wonderful - I really couldn't imagine how WDW would seem if it was only half full. The weather is in the eighties usually which is just right for me - any more and I would melt. Another thing - our American friends do not sell Easter Eggs on the scale that we do here - you will need to get your Cadbury's fix before you go. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter