East Meal Prep Ideas for Hotel? (WBC in this case)

The reason I love WBC is the grills. Very easy to grill out a great dinner for a large group for less than 1 Disney Sit Down meal for 1 adult. If you are taking an afternoon break, it is simple. Throwing down some thick t-bones or ribeyes on the grill and munching on them by the pool is great. Last time we stayed, 3 1-Lb ribeyes, baked potatoes, and drinks from the room totaled $22. That is about 75% off the price of a single adult meal and drink at Disney with half the quality. It kind of goes like this. Back to the room at 2PM, enjoy the pool until about 3PM, season the steaks, throw them on the grill about 4PM, done with dinner and back to the parks by 5:30PM. All while saving about $150 for 3 people and eating much better food.

For 7, it falls into the same category. Having those easy access grills makes cooking so much easier.

Many of our stays in Orlando are at least partly offsite.
What I've found for our family over the years: plan carefully. We tended to do more snacks and breakfast in condo than full meals.
For the meals-I now gravitate towards the "already prepped" foods at the deli or frozen section, or more "meal kit" type things. i found when I buy all the ingredients separately there tends to be more waste. But a tray of pulled pork, deli coleslaw, fruit, rolls? quick easy and less leftovers to waste. At home I'd do the coleslaw from scratch myself, along with making the pulled pork myself, as we would be able to use the leftovers more effectively.
We've also been enough to both Disney and Universal that we don't feel the need to "see everything" and that helps as well-1/2 days in parks (some early, some late start through evening) also lends itself to more "home" meals. And if lounging by pool we tend to want more snack type stuff-even nachos are quick and easy.

We love our pressure cooker (instapot) you can make hot meals then turn them into cold food lunches the next day. Pour a bag of chicken breast and seasonings. You can have that for dinner with pasta or rice then the next day eat it with sandwiches. And you dont have to really cook. I was thinking of bringing mine when we go, I have to save money where ever I xan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter