Easiest 7 month reservations

Classicmicknmin

Earning My Ears
Trying to figure some things out before purchasing. What would you guys say are the easiest reservations at 7 months for standard view studios or 1 bedroom villas outside of peak time Oct through December?

The three biggest resorts:
OKW, SSR, & AKV
AKV had both value and standard views. OKW has near HH location and then all other rooms, and SSR now has the preferred areas and standard areas.

thank you. So in what instances would you say either of these 3 provide the 11 month home resort advantage to those who have chosen them as their home resort?

AKV value rooms would be an advantage at 11 months. When I checked the other day there aren't any of those available for the early September date I was checking (before the 7month window).

What are you thinking of buying, the least expensive room at the least expensive resort, not caring about the theming, resort design, or location?

:earsboy: Bill

AKV value rooms are some of the cheapest - points wise in the whole DVC system. They usually book up very early in the booking window. No one knows what the new preferred areas at SSR are going to do for booking, as this was just created this past year and bookings are just now being made. OKW HH is a very popular booking category even thou it requires more points.

If you want AKL Value or Club, there is home resort value to that.

If your heart is at any of these resorts, there is home resort value in that. All value isn't monetary.

If you truly are open to staying anywhere, Saratoga points tend to be a great purchase, because they blend contract length with cost-per-point and lower annual dues. If you're looking at 7-month windows and won't be crushed by not staying Epcot area during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden, or monorail at Christmas, it's less about "11 month priority" and more about "making a purchase with flexibility and good rate."

What are you thinking of buying, the least expensive room at the least expensive resort, not caring about the theming, resort design, or location?

:earsboy: Bill
Hi, no, I am not thinking of that like you said it. actually the opposite, I am trying to figure out if I purchased a pricier resort as my home resort because I would be happy to stay there at any time but at times when I need a larger villa or would like to take two separate vacations in a year.. Basically when I need to make points go further...I'm trying to see if I would have 7 month availability elsewhere if I chose not to stay at my home resort. That is all.

Last edited:
AKV value rooms would be an advantage at 11 months. When I checked the other day there aren't any of those available for the early September date I was checking (before the 7month window).
That's good to know. I think I'm leaning away from AKV as my home resort but atleast I know upfront that this will be a tough reservation at 7 months. Early Sept is a time I would likely travel.m

At 7 months out for those that have a standard view booking category:

VGF: whether standard or lake view, studios can be difficult year round. However, your not-so-great chances are best February before Presidents' Day weekend begins, Feb after the Princess half marathon weekend till about mid-March, mid-July to mid-Aug. 1BRs, both standard and lake view, are usually open from the Monday after marathon weekend in January until end of Sep. and there is some chance at times in the last quarter of the year.

BLT: for standard view, any room size, it is very often a problem year round but chances for a studio or 1BR are somewhat better first week of Feb, late Feb to early March after Pirncess half marathon weekend, last half of July.

Poly: it has a huge number of studios with most being standard view. Still needs time to develop reliable pattern but it appears it will likely be available much of the year although there might be some risk otherwise during very high demand times during the Oct to Dec period.

BWV: standard view studios (and resulting 2BRs since all 2BRs are combo studio and 1BR) can be difficult any time but better chances can arise Feb before Presidents' Day weekend, Feb after Princess half marathon weekend to mid-March, last week of April, about mid-July to mid-Aug. Standard view 1BRs are usually available from mid-Jan to late Sep.

AKV: AKV standard is open much of the year, Jambo may be blocked at times, particularly during the last quarter of the yea, but except for some very high demand times in the last quarter of the year, standard view studios at Kidani are usually open. The same applies to standard view 1BRs but those have even less risk to disappear in the last quarter than the studios. AKV value is an entirely different story. It is usually gone at 7 months out with some chance to get lucky during the same times as BLT standard mentioned above.

SSR: SSR will not be beginning a standard view booking category until next year but likely it will be fairly to easy to get mid-Jan to late Sep at 7 months, and probably the last quarter although it might have issues at very high demand times.

Last edited:
Crazy question for people more experienced than I.

What about 1- or 2-month reservations? We currently have just enough points for a trip every year (using our two resorts in alternating manner). The only thing left is to decide whether it's realistic to say "hey, we have a three-day weekend at the end of next month? We have 45 points? Let's go!" I think we'd do that not infrequently and it would lead me to just add on a small contract at someplace like SSR.

Anyone scavenge for 2-3 day stays at 1 or 2 months out? Should I expect to have luck at most times of the year? Looking now at times in March with the availability tool reveals a few stretches at AKV, Poly (although I know why - only partially sold), and even a couple of days at BCV (?!)

Hi, no, I am not thinking of that like you said it. actually the opposite, I am trying to figure out if I purchased a pricier resort as my home resort because I would be happy to stay there at any time but at times when I need a larger villa or would like to take two separate vacations in a year.. Basically when I need to make points go further...I'm trying to see if I would have 7 month availability elsewhere if I chose not to stay at my home resort. That is all.
SSR will be the easiest to get and most likely followed by OKW and then AKV to get something. Remember for many of the other options that are higher demand you both need to both own there AND book at or near the 11 month window.

thank you. So in what instances would you say either of these 3 provide the 11 month home resort advantage to those who have chosen them as their home resort?
SSR and OKW are relatively easy to book at 7 months.

It's more complicated at AKV. AKV has 4 classes of room: Value, Standard, Savanna, Club Level.

The Standard and Savanna rooms are relatively easy to get at 7 months.

The Value and Club Level Rooms are difficult to book even at 11 months.

For example, I just checked and AKV shows no availability 11 months out (January 2) for either Value or Club Level Studios. It also shows no availability for both types of 1-Bedroom Villas. I also spot checked Club Level 1-Bedroom Villa availability for early December, early November, and mid October. No more than 3 consecutive nights were available for the dates I checked. For Club Level Studios, I could find no more than 1 night available for all of October, November, and December.

I believe that AKV's Club Level Studios are the single most difficult DVC rooms to book at all of WDW. Even members at AKV have difficulty booking these.

What about 1- or 2-month reservations? We currently have just enough points for a trip every year (using our two resorts in alternating manner). The only thing left is to decide whether it's realistic to say "hey, we have a three-day weekend at the end of next month? We have 45 points? Let's go!" I think we'd do that not infrequently and it would lead me to just add on a small contract at someplace like SSR.

Anyone scavenge for 2-3 day stays at 1 or 2 months out? Should I expect to have luck at most times of the year? Looking now at times in March with the availability tool reveals a few stretches at AKV, Poly (although I know why - only partially sold), and even a couple of days at BCV (?!)

I've done this once at AKL (2 bedroom last week before Labor Day) and once at OKW (studio in January).

Assuming you are seeking a studio for two to three nights, you would have a good probability of being able to get SSR two months out any time between the day after marathon weekend in Jan to end of Sep except possibly holiday times and special weekends (Stars Wars, Star Wars race, Princess half marathon). Also, during that period, there will be a number of times where you may also get OKW or AKV standard or savanna view (most likely at Kidani), or even Poly. Chance for other resorts is likely low but when only looking for two or three nights, you may still find something. Once you are less than 60 days you are into a time when Disney can rent anything left and it is fairly unpredictable what will still be left although still chances.

From end of Sep through marathon weekend in Jan, chances, even for SSR, decrease greatly at 2 months out, but sometimes you can find something particularly if only looking for two or at most three nights.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter