Earrings & Discovery Cove Question

Lajonic

Earning My Ears
I've booked discovery cove tickets several months ago and noticed today that the only jewellery allowed are wedding bands and watches.

Unfortunately my daughter had her ears pierced 2 weeks ago and it will be 8 weeks when we go to DC. The earrings are a proper body piercing style i.e. They have a flat back which the front part fits into. The problem is we can't actually undo them as it's very awkward (the shop is going to do this for her at 10-12 weeks).

Would she get away with keeping them in? There is no way they'll fall out. Would covering them in a waterproof plaster help?

Kicking myself for not having realised this sooner, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

She would not be able to wear them during a dolphin swim experience - they are not allowed for the safety of the dolphins. They not only announced it during our informational session but our individual instructor did a once over while speaking to us in the water before we swam.

Thanks Michelepa.

Did they say why? Is it the risk of them falling out or are they a distraction to the dolphins?

Thanks Michelepa.

Did they say why? Is it the risk of them falling out or are they a distraction to the dolphins?

Both. When we swam with the dolphins they even made my son tuck in his swim trunk strings so the dolphins didn't try to play with them. They are very careful for the animals as they should be.

I agree with your sentiment.

I'm annoyed with myself, I like to be organised and this is a bit of a fail.

I'll try and get them replaced with something removeable before we leave the UK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter