Early Segway tour and staying at BWV?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I booked an early Segway tour before Epcot opens. I asked about getting in thru the back entrance since we are staying at BWV and she thought we might have to go to the front entrance of Epcot! Please tell me that is not true. I think we once got in before early in that back entrance for the Norway princess breakfast, but can't remember for sure.
If we can't get in, I'll call back and change our tour to that 9:30 time.

Thanks!

The good news - yes you can enter by the International Gateway :)

The bad news - then you have to go all the way to the front of the park where the tours meet.

Don't miss the Segway tour! We have done it twice and everyone absolutely loved it! My husband wants one now. You go for an inside training and then it's out on the town - well, around the countries at least. Everyone asked us where they could rent one. :yay:

It is very popular, so if you decide you want to change your time, do it quickly. They can only take 10 people on each tour.

We have done this twice and both times we had to go to the front entrance, the other entrance was not open yet.

We did the early Segway tour last December (2005). We were at the BWV and entered through the IG even though the park wasn't open yet. Can't remember if we had to give them our confirmation number or if they had a list, but I know they checked. IIRC, we got there a little before 8 and had plenty of time to walk to the meeting place for the tour in Future World.

Other people who had signed up for other tours were also allowed to walk through before the park opened.

On another morning during that same trip, we were let in through the IG before the park opened and walked all the way to the base of the monorail outside the EPCOT main entrance turnstiles to the meeting place for another tour (Yuletide Fantasy). It wasn't a problem.

Anyway, you do not have to go to the main entrance to get to the early tours.

Best wishes -

Patty3 said:
We have done this twice and both times we had to go to the front entrance, the other entrance was not open yet.
Patty3, I can't tell from your post: did you go to the IG and the CMs would not let you in? or did you avoid the IG because you figured it would not be possible to go in that way? or did you go to the IG but there was nobody there?

I did the later Segway tour (9:30am) and was able to get in via the IG. It wasn't open yet (we were there around 8:45 am) so I just walked up to the security guard, explained why we were there and he let us in.

Does anybody know at what time in the morning there are CMs at the IG to let in the folks on the early tour?

Both times that we went on the tour, we were told by someone in the tour dept when we made the reservations that the IG would be closed. So, we always went to the front. It is good to know for future reference that we will no longer have to do this and that the information we were given was incorrect. Thanks.

They have your name on a list for the Segway tour, and cross you off as you walk in. We were also told to go in thru the front a couple of weeks ago. My family loved the Segway tour. I...didn't...to say I hated it still wouldn't be strong enough...nearly had a (real) heart attack...hope you enjoy it more than I did. :stir:

Oh, my. What happened Cruelladeville?

And who told you to go up front? The back gate? How would you get there in time then???

The more I think about it I'm wondering if I should just change our ressie to the 9:30 time. I was told it lasts two hours and I was thinking it would be better to do the early one so you're not in WS after it opens at 11.

I've been able to walk into Epcot before it opened twice to go on tours. Have your confirmation in hand, and just let the cast members at the turnstiles know you have a tour. It shouldn't be a problem.

Patty3 said:
Both times that we went on the tour, we were told by someone in the tour dept when we made the reservations that the IG would be closed. So, we always went to the front. It is good to know for future reference that we will no longer have to do this and that the information we were given was incorrect. Thanks.
Thanks, Patty. People going on the 9:30 tour would be arriving at the IG between 8:30 and 9:00 and since that gate opens at 9:00, I would expect CMs to be on hand at least 15 mins ahead of time. But if someone is going on the 8:30 tour, they would be at the IG between 7:30 and 8:00 and I wonder if there is anybody there that early.

ETA: Just re-read CarolMN's post where she states that she took the early Segway tour and arrived at the IG shortly before 8am and there were CMs there at that time.

lenshanem said:
The more I think about it I'm wondering if I should just change our ressie to the 9:30 time. I was told it lasts two hours and I was thinking it would be better to do the early one so you're not in WS after it opens at 11.
We've done an earlier tour (the 9-11 tour back in the early days of the Segway tour) and a later tour (9:30-11:30). We did them both in early May. I was also concerned about how the last half hour of the later tour would go with people entering the WS at 11:00. It turned out not to be a problem. There were a few people wandering around, but not many. You ride in a single line with a CM at the front and the back of your line so that helps provide a clear path for you as you ride along. Yes, you should be prepared for the occasional impatient park guest who won't wait for the whole group to ride by and cuts through the line, but it's a rare -- most people realize you're all beginners and let the whole group pass by. And, you will be pretty confident on your Segway by that point in the tour anyway.

Have fun!!

Just FYI there are 3 tours for Segway now - 8:30am 9:00 am and 9:30 am

Allearsnet mentioned it in a newsletter a few weeks ago and I was able to move my 9:30 appointment back to 9:00 am no problems for Fri May 5th!

Shan,

I did this tour in Dec and I think you will love it!
I had the 8:30 slot which I still think is best. I was staying at BCV and actually drove to the front gate. My reasoning: if I was not able to get in at the IG, would there still be time to go to plan B and somehow get to the front gate in time?

If you don't have a car, you could even take a taxi to the front gate.

What nobody told me was that in order to get in through the front gate, you have to wait in line with scores of Princess Breakfast people -- there is no separate gate for tour people! The line was very slow-moving, with senile CMs taking about 30 seconds apiece to check all the princess people off the list. I almost missed my tour! So if you do the 8:30 tour, be AT the front gate (or AT IG) by 8:00! And be sure to go to the INSIDE Guest Relations to the left of SSE, not the outside Guest Relations which is the meeting point for some other tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter