Early park breakfasts worked out great for us-BOG and Garden Grill

chabs

DIS Veteran
I've seen a lot of questions asking about whether or not the early entry breakfasts are worth it. We ended up booking reservations for 8AM about 30 days out for Epcot's Garden Grill and Be Our Guest. I didn't take pictures because the food is basically the same as every picture I've seen posted here. (We were there 8/13-8/17)

For BOG, we arrived at the MK about 7:20, they did not let us in the parks until 7:45. We were the second party in the door of the restaurant (preordered our food). I'm not sure what happened because we were literally the last people in our room to get our food. No big deal though, the food carts came out one after the other. We only had the choice of sitting in two rooms-they kept the curtains to the garden room closed until the other two rooms were basically filled so we sat in the West wing. We all thought the breakfast was very good and we had plenty to eat. They brought out 2 pastry trays for the 5 of us. We were done by 8:40 and were about 5th in line for the Mine Train, so it was great. We were also able to do Peter Pan (20 minute wait), IASM, Pooh, Jungle Cruise and finally headed over to the Pirates before we noticed any crowds (around 11AM). It was well worth it, cost us about $100 for a party of 5, so I figured $20 each for breakfast and no line for the Mine Train was a bargain.

For Epcot, we arrived about 7:30, again they did not let us in until 7:45. We were the first party in the restaurant and were offered a picture with all 4 characters. We're not really into the character photos so I just let our waitress know that they didn't have to spend time at our table, we were really just there to eat and get on Soaring. She was great, brought us out whatever we wanted quickly and let me pay before the food even came out. We were done at about 8:40 and were the first in line for Soaring. They let us on the ride about 8:45. We could have gone right back on, but we had a FP for 9, so we went on the boat ride then used our FP. The food was pretty good, better than I expected and we would definitely do this breakfast again as well. This was a little pricey for me, but it was important to my mother that we go on Soaring a couple of times without standing too much in line.

Thank you for sharing! We have a PPO Garden Grill adr next Friday so I'm glad to hear it works!

Sounds like you guys had a great low stress time with your breakfasts. Thank you for sharing :)

I've never done a PPO breakfast before, but I have one for BOG set for our upcoming trip. Thanks for the review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter