Early Ohana Breakfast - wait?

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
I know Ohana breakfast seating often ends up with long waits to get seated.

We have a 7:55am ADR on our first morning to kick off our trip seeing Mickey right away. Since breakfast starts at 7:30, 7:55 should be considered within the first seating, right? We shouldn’t have to wait too long to be seated that early in the breakfast service?

We don’t need to make rope drop at MK that day because we will be hitting rope drop on 2 other days, but we do hope to get to MK by 9:30 or so. Doable?

Definitely doable to hit MK by 9:30 ish.

I don't know what is considered the first seating times, but you shouldn't have to wait terribly long as long as you show up 15 minutes early.

We did the 'Ohana breakfast earlier this month, and had a 7:30 ADR. We were surprised at the line when we walked up to the podium to check in around 7:25. We waited several minutes to check in, and then were sent to another line to wait to meet Stitch, which took about 10 minutes. The line at the podium to check in by that point was twice as long (this is by 7:45ish).

We then waited a couple minutes to be seated. Our food came fairly fast. Based on the time stamps on my phone, Pluto came around first at 8:10, and Lilo at 8:15. (Mickey was not there that morning.) We ate fast, paid and left just after 8:30 a.m., since we were in a rush to get to the airport.

I'd give yourself ample time to wait in the check in lines, especially if you want to meet Stitch, and assume you won't be seated until around 8:15. If you give yourself an hour to eat, and meet all 3 characters, going through security, waiting for the monorail and getting to MK by 9:30 seems very tight to me. Enjoy and good luck if you go! :)

We did the 'Ohana breakfast earlier this month, and had a 7:30 ADR. We were surprised at the line when we walked up to the podium to check in around 7:25. We waited several minutes to check in, and then were sent to another line to wait to meet Stitch, which took about 10 minutes. The line at the podium to check in by that point was twice as long (this is by 7:45ish).

We then waited a couple minutes to be seated. Our food came fairly fast. Based on the time stamps on my phone, Pluto came around first at 8:10, and Lilo at 8:15. (Mickey was not there that morning.) We ate fast, paid and left just after 8:30 a.m., since we were in a rush to get to the airport.

I'd give yourself ample time to wait in the check in lines, especially if you want to meet Stitch, and assume you won't be seated until around 8:15. If you give yourself an hour to eat, and meet all 3 characters, going through security, waiting for the monorail and getting to MK by 9:30 seems very tight to me. Enjoy and good luck if you go! :)

We have a 7:30 reservation for our trip. Because I didn't want to rush, I made our first FP at Animal Kingdom (significantly longer transport time) for 10:35 AM. I would anticipate about 2 hours from reservation time to MK. I think 9:30 would be too tight, unless you're not worried about meeting the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter