Early Morning Magic discontinued?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
We're planning a trip to WDW in Feb and hoping to do EMM during our stay. I'm seeing that there's no EMM available in the month of December. Any read on what that means? Is it being discontinued or is it normal not to have EMM around the holidays?

Inconsistency is the name of the game with EMM dates, but just for some frame of reference, this post has historical/current EMM dates: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-“emm”-thread-–-mk-fantasyland-early-morning-magic-faqs-see-post-2-for-date-info-history.3651152/#post-58529655

I read the lack of Dec dates as a page out of last year’s playbook. Most of the Dec dates in 2017 which would have been likely EMM candidates eventually had 8am MK opening times.
This is so helpful - thank you!!

I'm actually a little perturbed they are doing it Thanksgiving Week this year. One of things that attracted us to do Thanksgiving week was the 8 a.m. starts in MK every day that week in past years. This year they have EMM scheduled on Sunday and Tuesday, which were both days we were planning on doing MK.

I'm actually a little perturbed they are doing it Thanksgiving Week this year. One of things that attracted us to do Thanksgiving week was the 8 a.m. starts in MK every day that week in past years. This year they have EMM scheduled on Sunday and Tuesday, which were both days we were planning on doing MK.

There are so few tickets sold for this that it has zero effect on your plans. MK away!

There are so few tickets sold for this that it has zero effect on your plans. MK away!

I think the issue was that the park will open at 9 instead of 8 due to EMM.

(I’m weird, but I actually prefer the 9am opening. I liked being able to chill on Main Street and grab a bite at Starbucks and then watch the welcome show. The 8am openings on our last trip were too hectic....)

Just bumping this back up - it looks like there's no EMM planned for all of December or January either now..... Thoughts?

Thoughts? Seems like normal EMM scheduling to me. Jan 2018 dates were made bookable early October 2017. We seem to be in a period where EMM is “off” of being bookable at 180 days, which happens from time to time.

Many people (including me) watch EMM dates very closely on the larger EMM thread so it’s probably worth a follow if EMM is a high priority.

My guess is that we won’t see any EMM dates again this Dec and it will start back again mid/late Jan. But when/I’d those dates becoma availabel will be a mystery for awhile, I suspect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter