Early March & Ticket Question Too

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
I'm thinking about a trip out to DLR on March 1 to 5 (2 -4 in parks). Are there any concerns about these dates? It gives us a Saturday through Monday, and I worry about the crowds. This just kind of works out best for us right now though, but we could consider shifting.

Also, looking at the "Promo" tickets that are still around. They are a good deal. Any issues with them (they have some blackout dates in April and must be used by May 28). They seem normal but maybe too good to be true?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm thinking about a trip out to DLR on March 1 to 5 (2 -4 in parks). Are there any concerns about these dates? It gives us a Saturday through Monday, and I worry about the crowds. This just kind of works out best for us right now though, but we could consider shifting.

Also, looking at the "Promo" tickets that are still around. They are a good deal. Any issues with them (they have some blackout dates in April and must be used by May 28). They seem normal but maybe too good to be true?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
I bought the $70, one-park tickets on Jan. 7, and it was a bit of a struggle to get them. I tried to purchase them online on Jan. 5, but my transaction didn’t go through. Then I tried to buy them at the DLH at check-in. Unfortunately, the CM and her supervisors had no idea this promotion existed. A half an hour later, they sent me to the main gate, and the CM there had a similar reaction. I showed her the offer on the Disneyland website, and she sold me the tickets at the $70/day price (and $10/day for MaxPass). And, yes, by the look in that CM’s face, even she thought it was a good deal.

I know it was the first day those tickets were good, but it still was odd to see the CMs’ reaction because they’d been available to purchase online for a while. I hope they have their act together by now.

Early March is our go-to time for Disneyland - we have done it 4 of our 5 trips.

We have always found the weekends are crowded but manageable and on weekends the park is staffed for larger crowds compared to mid week - they have longer operating hours, have rides being run at full capacity rather than at reduced capacity during week days.

As to the promo tickets, I think a lot of people on this forum have bought them - we are planning to buy the Canadian deal which they now have going on and have heard others have used them with no problems.

If you are considering that time, I'd look at hotels asap as we have found those dates book up early and have always book well in advance.

I bought the $70, one-park tickets on Jan. 7, and it was a bit of a struggle to get them. I tried to purchase them online on Jan. 5, but my transaction didn’t go through. Then I tried to buy them at the DLH at check-in. Unfortunately, the CM and her supervisors had no idea this promotion existed. A half an hour later, they sent me to the main gate, and the CM there had a similar reaction. I showed her the offer on the Disneyland website, and she sold me the tickets at the $70/day price (and $10/day for MaxPass). And, yes, by the look in that CM’s face, even she thought it was a good deal.

I know it was the first day those tickets were good, but it still was odd to see the CMs’ reaction because they’d been available to purchase online for a while. I hope they have their act together by now.

Thanks. To be clear, these tickets are listed on Undercover Tourist. I assume I would get an e-ticket and go straight to the gate.

Early March is our go-to time for Disneyland - we have done it 4 of our 5 trips.

We have always found the weekends are crowded but manageable and on weekends the park is staffed for larger crowds compared to mid week - they have longer operating hours, have rides being run at full capacity rather than at reduced capacity during week days.

As to the promo tickets, I think a lot of people on this forum have bought them - we are planning to buy the Canadian deal which they now have going on and have heard others have used them with no problems.

If you are considering that time, I'd look at hotels asap as we have found those dates book up early and have always book well in advance.

Thanks. That's what I'm thinking. Complete "off season" isn't always the best because they shorten hours, capacity, etc. Still, I don't want to walk into a madhouse. I saw on one calendar that the Saturday is a "mini gay day" which I have no problem with other than how that could impact crowds.

I definitely want to move quickly here, but I do work for a hotel company so... ;)

That is crazy! Were they just selling regular price tickets to people who didn't know about the promotion? Did you end up getting a MM when you purchased at the gate?

Yes, unless you’re eligible for the new SoCal promotion.

And the 3-day included one early entry day.

Food & Wine at DCA starts March 1st, so that weekend might get a bit crowded in that park as locals flock to the festival. Lowest 2 passes are blocked on the Saturday (Deluxe is good, though), and all APs good to go the Sunday and Monday. So I would expect Saturday to be your best day and crowds on Sunday as the lowest 2 APs head for Food & Wine. Mondays have become crowded days, but you should still be able to get a lot done in the morning hours.

That is crazy! Were they just selling regular price tickets to people who didn't know about the promotion? Did you end up getting a MM when you purchased at the gate?
I guess the offer is out there and its up to us to use it or not. like when you are shopping at a store/online there are coupons but not everyone uses them. Or even other theme parks have discounts but if you don't tell them about it they will not offer it. Disney site you can choose the offer or the regular price ticket. I do think some people do not understand it or are not really aware and rather just buy the regular one. We have family going i think in march and i asked if they had bought the discounted tickets and they said they had not bought the tickets and were not aware of the offer either and were just planning on buying when they arrived.

I did purchase one for DH for our trip and it came to my email right away.

I guess the offer is out there and its up to us to use it or not. like when you are shopping at a store/online there are coupons but not everyone uses them. Or even other theme parks have discounts but if you don't tell them about it they will not offer it. Disney site you can choose the offer or the regular price ticket. I do think some people do not understand it or are not really aware and rather just buy the regular one. We have family going i think in march and i asked if they had bought the discounted tickets and they said they had not bought the tickets and were not aware of the offer either and were just planning on buying when they arrived.

I did purchase one for DH for our trip and it came to my email right away.
I agree with you, in general, but the CMs did offer me the SoCal tickets without me asking (must have been because I was wearing a SD Chargers sweatshirt, lol).

Food & Wine at DCA starts March 1st, so that weekend might get a bit crowded in that park as locals flock to the festival. Lowest 2 passes are blocked on the Saturday (Deluxe is good, though), and all APs good to go the Sunday and Monday. So I would expect Saturday to be your best day and crowds on Sunday as the lowest 2 APs head for Food & Wine. Mondays have become crowded days, but you should still be able to get a lot done in the morning hours.

Thanks. My understanding is that F&W doesn't draw quite as crazily as the Epcot one does. It's one of the reasons we want to go at this time. It sounds like this weekend shouldn't be too bad and with three full days, we should be good.

You're right -- our Food & Wine isn't nearly on the same scale as Epcot's. But it does have a local following, so the crowd patterns will ebb and flow accordingly. I think you'll have a fun trip and get to try fun food, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter