Early golf cart pick up

flutegarden

Mouseketeer
If we arrive around 12 will they allow us to pick up our golf cart a bit early? Would we need to put in a request for this?

1:00 pm is the official pick up time. I think it has to do with how many are ready (cleaned up, fully charged, maintenance) and/or how many people are in line early. I have picked up a cart as early as 10:00 am. I have also had to wait in a lengthy line after 1:00 pm so it probably depends on the day.

Do you need to request ahead or just ask when you arrive?
Ask when you arrive. On the day I picked up early they sent me to a door on the side of the Reception Outpost (Main check in).
Normal check in time we waited in line at the cart kiosk. There is a number you can call 407-824-2742 which is the reservation line. Don't know how far you'll get but it's worth a try. Best of luck.

1:00 pm is the official pick up time. I think it has to do with how many are ready (cleaned up, fully charged, maintenance) and/or how many people are in line early. I have picked up a cart as early as 10:00 am. I have also had to wait in a lengthy line after 1:00 pm so it probably depends on the day.
Cleaned up ? charged ? Maintenance ? what are these things you speak of, none of which I have ever found related to a Disney cart. The LAST (and I mean last) cart we rented was low on charge, dirty and if you let go of the steering wheel it would be in the weeds within 50 ft. (took it back and all I got was a sorry we are sold out)
After that I either bring my own (no longer practical with a 5th wheel) or we just bike it.

Cleaned up ? charged ? Maintenance ? what are these things you speak of, none of which I have ever found related to a Disney cart. The LAST (and I mean last) cart we rented was low on charge, dirty and if you let go of the steering wheel it would be in the weeds within 50 ft. (took it back and all I got was a sorry we are sold out)
After that I either bring my own (no longer practical with a 5th wheel) or we just bike it.
Yeah, last one we got from them the windshield was so scratched up we couldn't see out of it at night. After that we brought our own.

Don't worry Flutegarden.

The Fort carts are lined up just past the check in lanes, by the Outpost. Unless you are there at a very busy time, there is usually a reasonable number of carts there. I arrive early to the Fort and have always been able to get one right a way. Like any rental, some will be "nicer" than others. The good news is if the one they give you has issues, run it back up and ask for another one. I usually rent from an off site vendor to save $$, but I have had a Fort cart a few times. They are functional and most are fine.

j

When I took the cart back they claimed to not have any more, this was during a busy time so they might have pulled a few from the hoopty lot.
The one and only time we rented off site the cart broke down and was out of service for 3 days until I finally fixed it.
Maybe its just Karma telling me I need to ride my bike more ?

We had pretty good luck back at the end of May. We were there 2 weeks and had 2 different carts as we changed to the 6 seater for the last week. The first cart we got was a standard cart, picked it up at about 9:30 in the morning when we got there. Had to park the camper n the overflow lot and used the cart to scope out potential sites. The standard cart was great. The 6 seater was not my favorite. Less room in the driver seat. hard to turn and it had seen better days. The standard cart looked to be fairly new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter