• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Flight Qs for PIT Flyers

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
I'm stuck with a Saturday 6:15 am:eek: flight on AT in May. Typically we try to book an 8:00 amish one but those seem to have disappeared from the schedule lately.

On a no-traffic sort of day, an early flight it still takes us a good 1 to 1-1/2 hours to make it to the airport. We like to give ourselves the full two hours when flying AT since it's taken so long the past few trips with aggressive luggage measuring. I really don't want to have to wake up at 2:30 am to catch my flight:headache:Haven't flown AT for 5 months, not sure if things are running more smoothly lately? Does anybody have any recent AT luggage checkins to share?

We typically park the car at Charlie Brown's, haven't parked in airport lot for several years other than the far-flung Grant Oliver one of which i am not a fan. This time we've decided to book the Hyatt Regency park n fly pkg so we can roll out of bed and stroll over to terminal I've been unsuccessful in confirming what time TSA opens @ PIT, seem to recall 5:00 am? Does anybody know for sure?

The Hyatt's pkg gives you 5 days in either the long term or extended lot, then you pay either $8/day for extended or $12/day for long-term. It appears as though the moving walkway goes back to the long term lots but i'm not sure if you can access the extended lots the same way or you must take a shuttle?

Hope somebody can help:)

I'm stuck with a Saturday 6:15 am:eek: flight on AT in May. Typically we try to book an 8:00 amish one but those seem to have disappeared from the schedule lately.

On a no-traffic sort of day, an early flight it still takes us a good 1 to 1-1/2 hours to make it to the airport. We like to give ourselves the full two hours when flying AT since it's taken so long the past few trips with aggressive luggage measuring. I really don't want to have to wake up at 2:30 am to catch my flight:headache:Haven't flown AT for 5 months, not sure if things are running more smoothly lately? Does anybody have any recent AT luggage checkins to share?

We typically park the car at Charlie Brown's, haven't parked in airport lot for several years other than the far-flung Grant Oliver one of which i am not a fan. This time we've decided to book the Hyatt Regency park n fly pkg so we can roll out of bed and stroll over to terminal I've been unsuccessful in confirming what time TSA opens @ PIT, seem to recall 5:00 am? Does anybody know for sure?

The Hyatt's pkg gives you 5 days in either the long term or extended lot, then you pay either $8/day for extended or $12/day for long-term. It appears as though the moving walkway goes back to the long term lots but i'm not sure if you can access the extended lots the same way or you must take a shuttle?

Hope somebody can help:)

The moving walkway only goes to the end of the long term. You can walk to extended from there, depending on how close you are. The shuttle will pick you up outside baggage claim and stops all through the extended lot. What I used to do when I parked there and was with someone is leave them with the luggage outside baggage claim, catch the shuttle and then drive the car back around to pickup the other person and the luggage.

When I'm alone, I usually park at Charlie Brown. It's convenient that they take care of the car and luggage for you. I just got a new car, I am going to try The Parking Spot across the street from Charlie Brown, you self park and they pick you up at your car. I'd rather not have someone moving my new car plus The Parking Spot is indoor.

The moving walkway only goes to the end of the long term. You can walk to extended from there, depending on how close you are. The shuttle will pick you up outside baggage claim and stops all through the extended lot. What I used to do when I parked there and was with someone is leave them with the luggage outside baggage claim, catch the shuttle and then drive the car back around to pickup the other person and the luggage.

When I'm alone, I usually park at Charlie Brown. It's convenient that they take care of the car and luggage for you. I just got a new car, I am going to try The Parking Spot across the street from Charlie Brown, you self park and they pick you up at your car. I'd rather not have someone moving my new car plus The Parking Spot is indoor.

okay thanks, we'll just decide then when we see where we 'fall' finding a spot in the extended lot, otherwise the mr can count it as his 'walk' for the day;). I was surprised that if we were doing a short trip (5 days from initial checkin at the Hyatt) we'd get to park in their hotel lot vs the main parking lot but they make you utilize them if you'll be gone longer.

I don't blame you for babying your car one bit! We really do like CBs, especially how they clear the snow & warm up the car, but weren't thrilled with how a young kid there took off with our car while we were waiting for the shuttle last trip. If you remember, let me know how your experience goes with The Parking Spot. We're close to another 'free' week with the repeat customer card @ CB and may try them out the next time.

I used the Parking Spot one time a couple of years ago. It was winter and a snow storm was expected so I decided to put it there where it would be covered. It worked fine except they were more expensive and the checkout was slow. I do like Charlie Brown's frequent parker program, I would park enough for business trips that I would have a free week for vacation. I haven't been traveling much on business so I don't think I have much in my account. I think I used a free week when I went to Disneyland last August. I'll have to see if Parking Spot has something similiar.

We flew out on a 6:25am flight on AT last November. There were 8 of us, and we didn't have any problems going through the line. All they did was weigh our luggage. They didn't measure it, or anything (and trust me, we were pushing the luggage boundaries! =)
We too live about an hour away (southeast, so we actually took the parkway through the city). We left at about 2:30 and we were SOOOOO early. My 3 year old was going crazy waiting to go see Mickey Mouse

We use The Parking Spot when we fly. I like their service, and I like the fact that it's indoors. The only slight problem was on our return trip. We seemed to wait forever for a shuttle, but that was more so because I think everything person that flew in that night parked there. They are a little more expensive, but if you are a member of AAA, there are usually coupons in the monthly newsletter.

Have fun!!

Hey ladies I am near you just in Monessen. I have 2 questions, 1) where is the parking place you are referring to? We normally use charlie browns but both just bought new cars so I would prefer indoor parking. 2) I flight leaves at 6ish what time do you normally get to the airport for that (we have always had around a 9ish flight)?

Hey ladies I am near you just in Monessen. I have 2 questions, 1) where is the parking place you are referring to? We normally use charlie browns but both just bought new cars so I would prefer indoor parking. 2) I flight leaves at 6ish what time do you normally get to the airport for that (we have always had around a 9ish flight)?

The Parking Spot is across the street from Charlie Brown's. If you pass the airport and exit at Flaugherty Run, it's after the light at the top of the hill on the right. Charlie Brown's entrance is a little farther on the left.

I would get there around 4:30. Sometimes the lines are bad that time of day.

Thanks Debbie I know just where that is...I think maybe it had a diff name before like global or something.....when you say 4:30 do you mean at garage or airport, again thanks so much.

Thanks Debbie I know just where that is...I think maybe it had a diff name before like global or something.....when you say 4:30 do you mean at garage or airport, again thanks so much.

4:30 at the airport. A 6:00 flight will board at 5:30.

I used The Parking Spot this week for a business trip. I parked the car on Saturday morning, the shuttle came right away and picked me up. He went around the lot a couple times for pickups and then we went to the airport. Got home tonight, shuttle came in about 5 min at airport and I was the first dropped off. Exit was quick and I was offered a frequent parker card, which I accepted. I got a 20% off coupon printed with my Delta boarding pass, it was $57 incl tax for 6+ days. I was also given a free bottle of water at exit! I plan to use them again next weekend when I go to WDW. I have a $6.50/day coupon from AAA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter