Early Entry question

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
So far it looks like only Universal Studios will be open for Early Entry.

Are the shops in Diagon Alley open for Early Entry, or just Ollivander's?

I was just there this past Sunday for early entry. Many, if not all, of the merchandise shops in Diagon Alley were open.

Unfortunately Gringotts happened to be down on that particular morning but it gave us the opportunity to have a nice breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron

Thanks! I don't think any of us will ride HP+Escape from Gringotts as it seems to be a rollercoaster ride. That leaves Minions (which we will do!) and my daughter wants to see the wand show and purchase a wand. I did not see any other rides open during early entry.

Thanks! I don't think any of us will ride HP+Escape from Gringotts as it seems to be a rollercoaster ride. That leaves Minions (which we will do!) and my daughter wants to see the wand show and purchase a wand. I did not see any other rides open during early entry.

I wouldn't necessarily skip Gringotts, as it is a roller coaster, but only has two portions in which it has it "roller coaster" moments. Most of it is moving slowly to one scene to another, spinning, looking at screens, and slight tilting movements of the carts. If anything, most of it seems as if it's simulator, only not nearly as much movement and graceful. The two "roller coaster" parts each last only between 6-7 seconds (yes, I've actually counted).

I wouldn't necessarily skip Gringotts, as it is a roller coaster, but only has two portions in which it has it "roller coaster" moments. Most of it is moving slowly to one scene to another, spinning, looking at screens, and slight tilting movements of the carts. If anything, most of it seems as if it's simulator, only not nearly as much movement and graceful. The two "roller coaster" parts each last only between 6-7 seconds (yes, I've actually counted).

Thanks for letting me know. I tried looking at youtube vidoes but they were too dark to really tell. Hmm... we might be able to do that then. Are the two parts drops by chance? Short or very steep drops? I'm changing this on our ride list from RED (as in no freaking way) to ORANGE (as in we should consider this ride). :-)

My son & I went on FJ in California. I was the only person with him (he was 13 then) so I had to suck it up and ride. To my surprise it wasn't as scary as I expected it to be and we immediately rode it a second time.

The drop is early and in the dark, followed by a few fast spins in the dark, then it goes to mostly scenes on screens. I only remember that one drop, it's more like a dip I think in that it goes down and up. There could be another but it is not memorable in my mind! If you watched the video, the 2nd troll scene makes you feel like you are falling but you aren't dropping.

Last edited:

So if the Leaky Cauldron is open for EE, I'll definitely be having my birthday breakfast there in October, and really hoping that the warm Butterbeer is back on the menu by then, fingers crossed!

Unfortunately Gringotts happened to be down on that particular morning

In my experience, when Gringotts went down, they tried to open one or two other rides to compensate. On one trip, they opened RRRocket and Jimmy Fallon early and on another they opened Mummy and Transformers (I think). Your mileage may vary...

If you've done FJ, you can definitely do Gringotts. There is one drop right at the beginning (it's into the dark so it looks bad, but it is over quickly) and one other light roller coaster part (also in the dark) towards the end. I am NOT a roller coaster person and I do Gringotts because, well, it's HARRY POTTER!

The drop is early and in the dark, followed by a few fast spins in the dark, then it goes to mostly scenes on screens. I only remember that one drop, it's more like a dip I think in that it goes down and up. There could be another but it is not memorable in my mind! If you watched the video, the 2nd troll scene makes you feel like you are falling but you aren't dropping.

If you've done FJ, you can definitely do Gringotts. There is one drop right at the beginning (it's into the dark so it looks bad, but it is over quickly) and one other light roller coaster part (also in the dark) towards the end. I am NOT a roller coaster person and I do Gringotts because, well, it's HARRY POTTER!

That's reassuring, thank you. My daughter wants to do Gringotts and FJ only because they are Harry Potter. Hopefully I can talk her into them. I think I can give Gringotts a try. But none of us are going on Hagrid's or the Hippogriff for sure.

So if the Leaky Cauldron is open for EE, I'll definitely be having my birthday breakfast there in October, and really hoping that the warm Butterbeer is back on the menu by then, fingers crossed!

Back? Back on the menu?! What do you mean back? Is it gone? Will it be back late August/early September? I LOVE hot butterbeer! I only had it twice in California and that was over 2 years ago now. :sad1:

Back? Back on the menu?! What do you mean back? Is it gone? Will it be back late August/early September? I LOVE hot butterbeer! I only had it twice in California and that was over 2 years ago now. :sad1:

I gather, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, its only a seasonal thing, they had it when I was there at the beginning of March this year, so am hoping October is part of 'its season' as it were!

Are the two parts drops by chance? Short or very steep drops?

The most dramatic "drop" is the fact that when you first start, Bellatrix does something to make the track tilt downwards. Since drops are one of my weaknesses I freaked out the first time I went on the ride. However, it is done for dramatic effect, because once you go down and disappear into the darkness (which is only from where you are sitting to where the first row of people are), the minute you're in the dark it doesn't go down any further and actually feels like you're slowly dipped upward. It's essentially done to psych you out. You'll have a few dips and turns in the roller coaster bits, but that is it. The second time is not as dramatic and once again, only a few dips and turns.

All in all, no steep, or long drops on this coaster. I always recommend it to people who cannot handle coasters, because the roller coaster parts are literally seconds and not that intense compared to other coasters. The most "intimidating" part is what I described in the beginning, as well as the roller coaster parts being in the pitch black darkness to make people unaware of what is happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter