Early Entry for annual passholders

newtravelgirl

Earning My Ears
While perusing the DL website for the schedule for our upcoming trip (January 5-13th) I noticed some new info, and was hoping someone could explain it to me.

disneyland.disney.go.com/au/calendar/early-admission

Sorry - I can't post links because I have so few posts.

We bought annual passes (although we are from Canada) because we are going for such an extended time with our kids (and hope to sneak in a trip next December as well). So my question is - Early Admission Hours (for MM and EMH) is listed as DLR on Saturday and CA for Sunday. However, it says the opposite for the annual passholder early entry.

Does this mean annual passholders can go in the opposite park as the rest of the early folks? Or is this a misprint? This may be a moot point to see if I can even GET our four kids up and out that early, but you never know...

Thanks for your help!
Carmen

There is no early entry for Annual Passholders. For a few months this summer, they had a program going on, but it wasn't extended.

Here's the current info: Early Entry Info

ETA:
Whoops. OP was right. Sorry for the confusion

I think this may be a new perk starting January 5 and running until April 2013 on most weekends. I was just confused about the opposite days thing. I'm sorry - I really wish I could post the actual link from the DL website. I am lame with only 7 posts. Ha ha :)

disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/early-admission/

That is SOOO exciting!! Thanks for posting about this. We went in the summer time and there were hardly any people in the park. We rode all of the TL rides, and a bunch of the FL rides. :banana:

Wow. Sure wish I were still an AP holder!

That said, it makes my "go when it's not EE!" advice pretty silly. :rolleyes: Then again, I imagine that there's not a HUGE amount of AP holders who will go for a special vacation and be willing to get up early, but not stay on site (which would get them "normal" EE/MM). So maybe it won't be so devastating...

This new AP perk is for most weekends from January 5 to April 14, 2013. It is EE for the opposite park from the MM and EMH. For EMH, you need to be staying at an onsite DLR hotel, and for MM, all you need is a 3-day or longer Park ticket (but you can ONLY select ONE day for MM, and ONLY for DL.)

So, if you're staying at an onsite DLR hotel on an available AP EE weekend, you'll be able to choose either park for EE. Historically, there are usually less crowds in the AP EE park, especially if it's a blackout weekend day for some APs.

If you do an AP EE, make sure everyone in your party has an AP, and they are not subject to blackouts that weekend day. Since you don't live in SoCal, I assume you have a Deluxe or Premium passport (neither are blocked during your visit.)

Have fun on your trip! It turns out my DW and I will also be at DLR from January 11-13. We're staying at the GC and have Premier passports. We will definitely be using this new AP perk!

I think this may be a new perk starting January 5 and running until April 2013 on most weekends. I was just confused about the opposite days thing. I'm sorry - I really wish I could post the actual link from the DL website. I am lame with only 7 posts. Ha ha :)

disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/early-admission/
Here is an actual link...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/early-admission/

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. :)

Very cool. Thanks for posting the link. That's amazing that they are offering it for the opposite park as EMH/MM.

I can see even more confused folks trying to get in places they can't. It was a mess in November with just the MM and EMH (and the now discontinued entrance for 4-5 day PH tickets)

I'm excited because we are going in March for a cheer comp and we are unable to stay onsite since they did away with the senior discount so we have to stay on Harbor and it always sucked having AP's but not being able to do MM. SO excited!!

There is no limit on how many times you can enter, either.

BTW this info (well a link to the info) was included in the Disney Destinations AP Extra newsletter that I received via e-mail today.

It's too bad that doesn't take affect until January 5th. We are going over Christmas and would absolutely LOVE to have early entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter