• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Entry/Breakfast questions

da disney fans

<font color=red>Cast Member!<br><font color=indigo
Our group has one Early Entry admission, which I've never done before. What time does the park open for this? And if I wanted to make PSs at the Carnation Cafe for breakfast, how early could I make them for?

Only 11 days to go, and I'm suddenly full of questions! :flower:

WDWhoneymooner said:
Our group has one Early Entry admission, which I've never done before. What time does the park open for this? And if I wanted to make PSs at the Carnation Cafe for breakfast, how early could I make them for?
The park will open for EE one hour before normal opening time. If you want to get the most out of EE (and you should) get to the gate 20-30 minutes before the gates open for EE.

See a recent thread on EE here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=946143. Posts #3 and 8 from me gives some advice on EE.

I don't think any restaurants or stores are open during EE.

Ok here is where I am now confused. If you pull up the calendar for DL for this weekend, it shows Saturday's park hours as 8AM-midnight. Does that mean EE gets you into the park at 7AM and I should be lining up at 6:30AM?

Flagger said:
Ok here is where I am now confused. If you pull up the calendar for DL for this weekend, it shows Saturday's park hours as 8AM-midnight. Does that mean EE gets you into the park at 7AM and I should be lining up at 6:30AM?

YEP! That's correct!

Flagger said:
As noted by tlove, the answer is "yes". If you look at mid-day lines for rides like Peter Pan and Dumbo, they are nearly an hour wait. If you get to the gate 20-30 minutes early for EE, you should be thru the gate by 7:02AM. Make your way without delay to FantasyLand. By getting into DL early and doing the FL rides, you will acomplish in one hour during EE what would take three or fours to accomplish once 12 Noon rolls around. It is so worth it. Plus if you have kids, it is a special feeling for them to know you are in the park before the other folks.

HydroGuy said:
As noted by tlove, the answer is "yes". If you look at mid-day lines for rides like Peter Pan and Dumbo, they are nearly an hour wait. If you get to the gate 20-30 minutes early for EE, you should be thru the gate by 7:02AM. Make your way without delay to FantasyLand.
Tell me what you think of this plan:

We arrive on Friday so our first plan is to go in at 9AM (lining up early) and going straight back to TT because it is important to me to get that picture with "the" Mickey Mouse in his house. I will head to BLAB to get FPs for us and meet up with Ms. and DD. Or because TT does not open up until an hour after park opening, should we do FL FIRST? Depending on how much she wants to do in TT, we head our way back to BLAB and if the time has allowed, I will go off for the next FP I can get on a ride DD can go on. We work our way around the park until about lunchtime where we go out of the park for lunch/nap.

Head back in the late afternoon for Parade and then more attractions and then parking at the HUB 90 minutes before fireworks. If we have time for other attractions we do them after fireworks or back to hotel to plan for getting up early.

Hit the parks Saturday at 6:30 for 7AM EE. And if we have not done the FL rides do them in the order you put in another thread. We then either head to CA at 10AM or just hang out in DL until our GK character breakfast at 11AM on Saturday. From there we go to CA. We will be sure to do the Block Party at CA.

With a two year old, are there any CA must do's that I would need a FP for? I could use either Friday or Saturday for that. Otherwise we do CA in the morning on Sunday before we have to head back home around noon Sunday.

The Red Hat Society is there this weekend, so that will be fun for us.

Pretty sure that TT opens an hour after the park, so don't head straight there! If the park is opening at 9, it will open at 10am! HTH!

Flagger said:
Tell me what you think of this plan:

We arrive on Friday so our first plan is to go in at 9AM (lining up early) and going straight back to TT because it is important to me to get that picture with "the" Mickey Mouse in his house. I will head to BLAB to get FPs for us and meet up with Ms. and DD. Depending on how much she wants to do in TT, we head our way back to BLAB and if the time has allowed, I will go off for the next FP I can get on a ride DD can go on. We work our way around the park until about lunchtime where we go out of the park for lunch/nap.

Head back in the late afternoon for Parade and then more attractions and then parking at the HUB 90 minutes before fireworks. If we have time for other attractions we do them after fireworks or back to hotel to plan for getting up early.

Hit the parks Saturday at 6:30 for 7AM EE. And if we have not done the FL rides do them in the order you put in another thread. We then either head to CA at 10AM or just hang out in DL until our GK character breakfast at 11AM on Saturday. From there we go to CA. We will be sure to do the Block Party at CA.

With a two year old, are there any CA must do's that I would need a FP for? I could use either Friday or Saturday for that. Otherwise we do CA in the morning on Sunday before we have to head back home around noon Sunday.

The Red Hat Society is there this weekend, so that will be fun for us.
1. It is my understanding that TT opens one hour after regular park opening, or 10AM on a 9AM day. I always go when DL opens at 8AM, and TT always opens at 9AM on those days. I am pretty sure that goes for 9AM DL opening days as well. If you are planning to do FL during EE on Sat, then on Friday morning I would focus on things such as picking up FPs, and rides such as Jungle Cruise, Star Tours (which has a height limit), Astro Orbiter, StoryBook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train (these last two are not open during EE). In case you did not know, DL and DCA accept FPs anytime during the one-hour window or afterwards on that day. Don't rush back to the FP ride during the one-hour window. I especially would not do that during the morning when the other lines are short. I would save my FP's until sometime after 11AM or Noon.

Can anyone else confirm that TT always opens one hour after regular DL opening no matter what the opening time?

2. For the fireworks, 90 minutes early should be fine, but that depends on where you want to locate. If the hub were a clock and the castle was at 12:00, we located at 8:00 on a Tuesday night in August one hour before the fireworks, and the view was excellent. Make sure you can see the castle.

3. I do not know what FPs you would need in DCA with a two-year-old. Most or all of the FP rides would have a height limit thus disallowing a two-year-old.

I would not try to go to DCA at 10AM if you have a breakfast at 11AM. I would go after the breakfast. My kids are older and I know what the good rides are for 9-14 year olds. For two-year-olds, that typically means Bugs Land. We have never gone to Bugs Land at DCA. We might on our day trip in November.

My thinking since Soarin' is for 40" and higher that I will do that alone. She cannot do CA screamin' and I don't do TOT. I think "a bug's land" will be perfect for her and I can do Soarin' if I wanted to alone.

I know we want to Turtle Talk with her. I have printed out lots of our tips and I plan on posting a trip report when we return. It looks like crowds and weather will be in our favour, though we know more crowded now with the 50th. I know lots of people stay longer and try and do more but this is meant as an appetizer and not an entire meal.

Flagger said:
My thinking since Soarin' is for 40" and higher that I will do that alone. She cannot do CA screamin' and I don't do TOT. I think "a bug's land" will be perfect for her and I can do Soarin' if I wanted to alone.

I know we want to Turtle Talk with her. I have printed out lots of our tips and I plan on posting a trip report when we return. It looks like crowds and weather will be in our favour, though we know more crowded now with the 50th. I know lots of people stay longer and try and do more but this is meant as an appetizer and not an entire meal.
We loved Turtle Talk, and she probably will too although most of it will be over her head.

They have turtles in a pond under the bridge into our zoo and many times she will want to spend 45 minutes just watching the turtles here. So I think she will be into it even if the jokes are meant for us.

Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your tips with all of us.

The Playhouse Disney show, if it's still there, is really cute too. Brought happy tears to my eyes to see all the little ones dancing with the characters...my kids are too big and cool for that now and thought I was a "dork". lol I think it's another "must do" if you have a little one that likes those shows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter