Early December Itinerary - Looks reasonable?

gtrist4life

Choose wisely

Okay folks, 8 weeks to go till the big family getogether at Coronado Springs Resort
There are about 18 of us :grouphug:, with ages ranging from 18 months to 74. There are really only three "kids" aged 18 months, 3, 8, plus my daughter who'll turn 16 on the 15th. There will be 5 seniors and my cousin who has mild MS so we'll be keeping the walking pace mild. Let me know if my plans seem reasonable.

Fri 12/12 - Arrive - relax at hotel, pool? - Dinner at one of the Boardwalk / Yacht Beach club places (PS at Spoodles? or Cape May?), check out the decorations at BW, Swan, Dolphin, BC

Sat 12/13 - Animal Kingdom :3dglasses - PS at Artist Point 5:30 pm

Sun 12/14 - MGM Studios :wizard:- PS at Prime Time Cafe 12:15 pm Fantasmic for sure

Mon 12/15 - Magic Kingdom princess: PS at Crystal Palace 8:30 am. Spectro and Wishes for sure

Tues 12/16 - Epcot - :teacher: CP and Illuminations for sure.

Wed 12/17 - Check out - relax - DTD?/Boardwalk? About half of us have an evening flight so we have most of the day available.

That's how we're looking now. About half of us have been before with about 1/4 of us that are certified Disney nuts.

Peace
G4L

Good plan and you should have a great time and some good PS arrangements also.Have a magical vacation:wave2: ::yes:: :goodvibes :wizard:

Your itinerary sounds great. May I make a suggestion?

You must....I repeat must.....see the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge decorations. The tree at the Grand Floridian is breathtaking. They also have a real gingerbread house. There is a sign on it that lists ingredients, hours it took to prepare, move etc. Great spot either the tree or the gingerbread house for a family photo.

I saw the decorations at Beach Club last year. OK-but nothing compared to these two resorts.

Just my two cents!

I wouldn't go to MK during the day on Monday. It's been my experience that anytime Spectro is run on a weeknight, the park is jammed all day because everyone picks that day to go. I would do something else during the day and just go at night for Spectro & Wishes or do them Saturday night. Then do MK on another day during the day. I've experienced it twice, once in December and once in May, never again. You know it's crowded when even Small World has a long line at noon.....

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm pretty sure that we'll make some time (probably Wed or Fri ) to go see the Grand Floridian. We'll be at Wilderness Lodge on Sat for our Artist Point dinner. As far as MK and Monday, I think most of the group are just going to get the one/park, one/day tickets so we're kind of in a box. Hopefully alot of other guests will have seen one of the two Spectro shows the Saturday before. I did see that Spectro on Monday is the only showing at all this week. No Spectro on Saturday the 20th, but then 3 consecutive nights starting Sunday the 21st

DebbieB, When you went on a weeknight in Dec. was it early in the month, the middle, or holiday week?

Another part of my strategy is avoiding EE days, so we'll see how that plays out.

Sounds terrific. We'll be there too - at the Beach Club so maybe I'll see you when you're checking out the X-Mas decorations.

PamNC

DebbieB, When you went on a weeknight in Dec. was it early in the month, the middle, or holiday week?

It was early in the month in Dec, I believe a Wednesday. We also ran into it on a Tuesday last May. I always like to do MK on a Tuesday or Wednesday because it usually isn't crowded but didn't take into consideration that Spectro was being shown that night (we usually go for Spectro on Saturday night, we arrive that day). If you just have 1 day passes, I would try to make the best of it by using fastpasses. You have an early breakfast, so you should be able to get a jump on the crowds. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter