Early Arrival & Nap

Mickey'sApprentice

Shamelessly demand, it works bette
We will be driving in the wee hours to ATL to take the early flight to MCO. If the room is not ready when we get there (around 9 AM) and we need a nap, where do you suggest?

Throw on the sunscreen and laze at the pool?

IF I really felt I would need a nap on arrival, I would probably take a later flight, though.

I'll second the lay by the pool idea. I've done that on multiple occasions. You could pack your swimsuits in your carryon bags, then change at the resort, and then go find a nice chaise to stretch out on. Very pleasant.

I'll second the lay by the pool idea. I've done that on multiple occasions. You could pack your swimsuits in your carryon bags, then change at the resort, and then go find a nice chaise to stretch out on. Very pleasant.

We fly in from Boston and get in to Orlando around 9am...We find the excitement of being in the world overcomes the need for the nap! But if you do need one there is always the pool area..Hope you have a magical vacation!!

On the plane!!
On our super early flights I always end up sleeping on the plane. It helps:thumbsup2

We fly in from Boston and get in to Orlando around 9am...We find the excitement of being in the world overcomes the need for the nap! But if you do need one there is always the pool area..Hope you have a magical vacation!!
So true. I'm usually on that 6am flight too!!! And we usually just head to a park. But there are times when we have had to hang out at the resort...for various reasons..and have found it's very pleasant to just chill by the pool.

We are up early for our flights in (around 4 am) and we usually rest on the plane. Once we arrive we head to the world for a few hours have an early dinner, 5 pm, ADRs and then to bed early.

But if you needed to, I would do as the others suggested and lounge around the pool.

Emily

Are you first staying at POR or BWV? There is a reasonable chance a room, without any (many?) special requests will be ready shortly after you arrive. There is almost no chance a unit in BWV will be ready until hours after you arrive.

Can you guys really get up early and then nap as soon as you get to your resort?

I don't think I can.

We usually get in late on our arrival day (after 9 PM and after a normal work day) so it has not been an issue. This trip we are taking the 6AM flight down so it will be our first trip with getting up at 3AM to start. But I can't see a morning nap in my future, afternoon maybe, but not morning.

So whats the secret? A few bloody Marys maybe?

I'll second (or third?) the lounging by the pool idea!

We always take the first non-stop flight to WDW so we arrive relatively early but we're so excited to be there that we can't fall asleep for a nap when we try :( We end up going to bed super early to be rested for our first full day.

Can you guys really get up early and then nap as soon as you get to your resort?

I don't think I can.

We usually get in late on our arrival day (after 9 PM and after a normal work day) so it has not been an issue. This trip we are taking the 6AM flight down so it will be our first trip with getting up at 3AM to start. But I can't see a morning nap in my future, afternoon maybe, but not morning.

So whats the secret? A few bloody Marys maybe?

As a general rule I can nap just about any time.:rotfl:
One situation that was rough for me was on our February trip. I was up at 4:30 to work at 5am. Worked all day, left right after work, travelled all evening and was so overtired by the time we got to our room I laid there for an hour staring at the ceiling. At that point I didn't even care I was at Disney, I was exhausted. But the next morning I was ready to go!!
Same situation this time. We won't even land until after midnight and then have to drive to Universal. I will avoid the coffee this time.

We arrive at POR first so I'm hoping that some pixie dust will have our room ready but I doubt it.

There's a good chance your room might be ready if you don't have special requests. We checked in little before 8am at POR last year and they were able to give us a room right away. It was nice to have a snooze. a few months later, ASMovies had nothing available at noon and we lounged by the pool as we had been in planes from 6am.

On the plane!!
On our super early flights I always end up sleeping on the plane. It helps:thumbsup2

Will the flight from Atlanta to Orlando be long enough for a good nap, though?

(then again, I almost never nap and haven't fallen asleep on an airplane since I was around 19)

Will the flight from Atlanta to Orlando be long enough for a good nap, though?

(then again, I almost never nap and haven't fallen asleep on an airplane since I was around 19)

You're right.. it probably won't be a good nap. Atlanta is almost there for us!
I nap easily on the plane. I always take something because I'm claustrophobic though. It's not much but it keeps me relaxed. So I have no trouble sleeping. On a flight to Europe last fall I fell asleep 20 minutes after take off and woke up as we began our descent! It was wonderful:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter