Earl

LMP

Earning My Ears
You said that there is room for expansion on each of the islands. So I was wondering how many major attractions can you add to the park or to the islands.

Also I want to say keep up the good work there. I was there in July and had a blast now I want to go back. Everything was awesome.

I was wondering how Jurassic Park was working. A lot people said it could of been better are there plans for a major rebab for the ride.

Keep up the good work.

hey i hear that (through the grape vine) that they have room for one more island. consturction would begin in 3 years and be open 1 1/2 years after that. any one hear this? i heard that this would go between jarasic park and toon lagoon.

Just my opinion, but I would bet on a new park at the Lockheed Martin land before betting on a new island. If you think about it, if a new island was built between Toon/JP, no room would be left to expand those islands. The size of the land open at the IOA site is also pretty small to squueze in a whole island. My moneys going on several expansions to existing islands in the coming 4-6 years with a whole new park announced after that. Just my opinion though:)

Jim

I'm nearly speechless, I'm a topic.

Actually, JP has been sort of going though an intensive rework at night. The primary focus has been getting the animation in good working order with all of their functions working. There won't be any new show elements, but it will be a better show in that the original show intent will be back in place. There were a lot of new designs in the animation that turned out not to be very robust for the enviornment. There is a large crew working all night long to get this done.

As to expansion, there won't be a new island. It will be done using the expansion areas that are in each existing island. The area that you talked about around JP can be used for either JP or Toon expansion. The potential project in the works would use most of it for JP expansion.

Aloha Earl,

Are you going to meet with us when we come in March? :)

You have been so very helpful to so many of us, we would really like to meet you and thank you in person. We promise to not pester you with questions if we see you! :)

Earl I just read your post and thanks for replying you said that you guys are working on a potential project in the works and it is going into that space. Can you tell us if its major attraction.

I knew the day would finally come when Earl finally got his own space! It should be on the main pages:

1. Unofficial Universal Discussion

2. Trip Reports

3. Earl

"Compose your final, loathesome dirge!"

Earl For President!!!

hee hee :D But really...thank you Earl for sharing what knowledge you are able with all of us. I appreciate it.

jessica5.gif

Earl I have a question, feel free not to answer but...How old are you? Have you worked at any other parks? Okay it was 2 questions! The age ques. is just because I have a curious nature! Thanks :D

jessica5.gif

So, let's see how much the lady wants to know my age... trade 'ya... (LOL).

As to working for other theme parks, yes, for and at them. That's two different things. Actually, I'm approaching 20 years doing what I do in the business. And I do enjoy my job...

Cause this is like pulling teeth ;) Just teasing ya. I am 36 soon to be 37. I showed you mine now show me yours? :eek:
Can you share what amusement parks you have worked at and for? What park is your favorite? Thats great that you love your job. Not many people truly enjoy what they do for a living. Maybe when I grow up I will decide what I wanna do too! hahaha :D

jessica5.gif

That was fun, but I guess I have to give now, 43. Most of my experience was with the mouse, Magic Kingdom, and on the opening crews of Epcot and MGM. I've done stuff at Disneyland, as well as Busch Gardens/Tampa, and Sea World Orlando. I even done work for Boardwalk and Baseball when it was alive. I've done work for several other parks, including overseas, but managed to stay at home (since I don't like to travel that much)

I had forgotten about Boardwalk and baseball! Thats a blast from the past. I remember going there before it changed names. What was it again? Circus World? They had a few great coasters there!Too bad it isnt around anymore. I guess it couldnt compete with Disney. So Earl, you sure have many amusement parks under your belt! Must be very interesting and fun work. Thank you for sharing that. :)

jessica5.gif

Dave, whatever do you mean? :rolleyes: Get a room? Where? Maybe at Hard Rock or Portofino? :D
Thats my idea of getting a room!!! ;)

jessica5.gif

So Hey Earl,

Since you are the topic (Do your ears burn at night?) (I remember Circus World)

Seriously, can you tell us what your job is? And what are the chances that this young punk know it all kid would get to meet you?

If so, I am Doomed!

Disney, USF, IOA, BGT, SW weekly since 1997
Quarterly since birth!

Earl-any chance of gracing us with your presence at one of the UIS meets? I promise, no pictures!

"Compose your final, loathesome dirge!"

How about a picture, but a big black dot over Earl's face? :)

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Sorry Dear Moderators....

But Earl: I'll be over later in the week PLEASE!!!!! I'll leave my camera at home!?!
j/k. Seriously, could you pop me an email? jonathansullivan@ij.net

If so, I am Doomed!

Disney, USF, IOA, BGT, SW weekly since 1997
Quarterly since birth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!