Earl of Sandwich carryout for later??

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We have never been to Earl of Sandwich but I can't wait to try it this trip! We will be having a heavy lunch at T-Rex and I was considering oredering some sandwiches and taking them back to the room with us for later that evening as an easy meal. We are staying in a villa and will have a kitchen so that part is not a problem, but how well do the the sandwiches keep? I know they are served warm so I'm not sure if they will be very good if we try to heat them up later. Has anyone ever tried this?

You may want to skip lettuce and tomato, but otherwise, YUM! Earl of Sandwich is soooooo good!

We took Holiday Sandwiches back to the room with us. My ds has an earache and he used one to warm his ear on the way back to the room. LOL
It was still yummy when we ate it later.

I could not finish my Italian Sandwich, brought it back to the villa to warm up later... not a problem...

I enjoy the Earl of Sandwich when I'm there, but contrary to popular opinion, it's a soggy mess if not eaten right away! I would order it not heated, with/out tomato/lettuce or on the side and then do the assembly and reheating when it's time to eat!

any sandwich made cold. We do this the night before our departure so we sill have something to eat on the plane.

We have taken halves of the warm ones back with us and just stripped off the lettuce and garnish and they heat up fine :)

Every time I've tried to order a sandwich unheated at EoS I've been told I can't-they tell me that the bread isn't quite done and the sandwich must be heated to complete the cooking process. Health dept. issues (at least this is what they've told me)

Last year we took sandwiches to the beach and also picked up some for our plane trip home.

We will pick sandwiches that hold up better. I ask for any condiments, etc. on the side. I agree with the no lettuce. We've also gotten salads to go as well-again with dressing on the side. We've found that if we do this the sandwiches hold up pretty well. Even after about 5-6 hours in a cooler at the beach.

Last year I ordered the holiday sandwich with the gravy on the side just in case I didn't finish it-turns out I had no trouble eating it all -it was so good. But I will order it that way from now on-I liked dipping the sandwich in the warm gravy-kind of like a french dip. Besides, I don't like my bread to get too soggy.

They keep very well. Last June, we went over there and got them to go, put them in our frig at POR then ate them the next day on the plane! We just got the regular roast beef without the sauce and I must say they were quite delish on the way home.

Also, we were told that they couldn't be ordered unheated since the bread is not fully cooked.

I do agree that if you get one that has lettuce or tomato on it, skip that since it will make it soggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter