"Ear Planes" for kids?? Good, bad? Help!

leahannpen

<font color=0099FF>WDW fan and A.J. fan<br><font c
My son has had trouble in the past while flying...most on landing, with his ear pressure. I've heard of these Ear Planes and am wondering what the experiances here are...help!

We tried them when my son was about 1 1/2. I wasn't able to tell if I had them in properly, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because he kept pulling them out. Maybe he was just too little for them!

They worked for both my son and myself but you have to try to get them in correctly. The expaination is on the box.

HTH,
Angela

I've been using them for years and think they work really well. The childrens size is availavle at CVS.

My only experience with these was for my older son he was 10 at the time. We put them in his ears part of the way through the plane ride in preperation for landing as that often bothers his ears. After a few (maybe 10?) minutes of having them in he started to complain of an upset stomach and it kept getting worse. We had the idea that maybe the earplanes were the culprit and darned if almost immedietly after we took them out his nausea went away. I don't know if his experience is unique but it is maybe something to be aware of.

I would definately use the ear planes with him. I have used them and they help so much. If the flight is fairly short I just leave mine in the whole time.

I have had 2 bad ear issues when returning from orlando, I used earplanes the next time and they worked great for me. I know they sell the adults at target and they sell them on line as well, just google them.

We used them on our last trip for my daughter (12 yrs) and they seemed to work. She did not wear them the whole flight, just during take off and landing. It's a pretty benign thing to try, I would say it can't hurt to give them a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter