DxDDP - Only 1 Night but we LOVED it!

Brooklyn

"la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing noth
So we just got back from a WDW trip. We did one night of DxDDP. I wish we could have done longer but was on buisness so room receipt had to be room only. :sad2:

We are a party of 2 adults and 2 children ages 5 & 9. The dining plan cost us $206 for the night.

Here is the breakdown:
Teppan Edo for lunch for the 4 of us: $161.35 ($151.50 with Tax of $9.85) We tipped $25.00

Via Napoli for Dinner for 4: $155.49 ($146.00 and $9.49 in tax) We tipped $25.00

Le Cellier for Lunch for 4: $127.47 ($119.69 plus $7.78 in tax) We tipped $20.00

So we paid $206 for the plan plus $70 in tips = $276.00

The resort mugs would have cost us $41.96 and our snacks totaled approximatly $32.00. So our total expenses would have been $518.27 and we spent $276.

Now with that being said is it neccessary to sit down all these meals, well that depends on the family. We love sitting down for meals and taking a break from the crowds and rushing around.

We will be returning in a few weeks for 5 nights of deluxe dining. This time we are chosing 5 1 credits and 5 2 credits. It was the only way I could figure out all of the credits.

Here is our line up:
Teppan Edo
Citricos
Le Cellier
California Grill
Coral Reef
Yatchsman Steakhouse
Yak & Yeti
Narcoossee's
Via Napoli
Artist Point

After returning I will let you know how the numbers worked out for this trip! :thumbsup2

yep, that's the way to do it.

Give us a report back on your next trip...and tell us how you like the food, too!:thumbsup2

As for the food and the service...

Teppan Edo, the food was great and the service was so, so. DD's do not eat chicken or shirmp. I wanted to get steak for them but was told I would have to pay an additional $10 for each of them. We passed on that offer and just ordered them each shrimp and DH and I ordered steak...we shared our steak and they shared their shrimp! :thumbsup2 The don't offer kid's apps at Teppan Edo so the girls got to order off the adult menu for those. They both got spare ribs as did I which was great. My husband got the beef wrapped around the green onion which was not so good.

Via Napoli, the service was not great there either. Also our server had a tongue ring, I about fell off my chair when she opened her mouth. It is something I never thought I would see at Disney. I know Via Napoli is not owned by Disney but surprised they allowed that! :scared1:

As for the food my husband and I each got the "risotti balls" for our apps, they were WONDERFUL! We also both got the veal parm which was also great. DD got spaghetti and meatballs. I had better meatballs in a chef boy r d can. Our other dd got a pizza which was good.

Le Cellier, was great. The server we had was just WONDERFUL!!! The food was equally as good. I was dying to try the cheddar cheese soup...I have to say it was "ok". I did not love it. We chose the NY Strip instead of the filet and we were both really happy with it. I got the risotto as my app since I did not really like anything on the menu for apps. This had to get manager approval.

For dessert we got the chocolate mouse and the smores. I thought the smores were AMAZING and the moose was good.

All in all just a wonderful time!

We can't wait to go back in January!!! :banana:

I am confused -- how do you add the dining plan for one day only?

My family always travels to DW for 2 days at a time, and I always thought the DDP was not available to us b/c a 3 or 4 night minimum stay was required.

It can be added to military and passholder room only for as little as one day.

We do the delux ddp for our first night on many of our trips. We do dinner on the first night, then an early lunch and a late dinner on the second night. We get our mug and use the snack credits before they expire. Then we have our mugs for the remainder of our stay. Before I use to book one night at a regular resort with an AP discount and add the delux ddp, but now DVC members can add the dining plan to whatever part of their stay and choose our lenght of time we want the dining plan now. So my next trip in January I added the delux ddp to just our first night and will use our TiW discount for the remainder of the 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter