DVC Twins Thread!

I'm a proud mom to frat twin boys.....currently 20 months....took their first trip at 14 months and have another planned for jan when they will be just over 2!
We purchased a double umbrella stroller that reclined a bit and it was perfect for toting on and off buses! Lightweight, quick to fold...was glad we didn't bring our big stroller from home!
We are waiting on ROFR on a contract so if all goes well this will be our first trip "home"!
Can't wait for many more years of family memories as our family grows!

Oh, what a fun thread! I have twin DD's, almost 10 - not identical, but all but 4 of their genetic markers match, so most people don't believe me when I tell them they are fraternal! We also have a son that is almost exactly 4 years older.
Bought into DVC when I was expecting the girls, because I *may* have used the information available at the time to convince my husband that it made more financial sense for us to purchase DVC than get a family suite for years on end, since when the kids were younger we were lucky enough to usually go 2x a year.
We own at SSR, which we like, but our favorite is AKL, and I've got fingers, toes, legs, eyes, and arms crossed for a little bitty baby contract at Grand Floridian.
As far as double strollers on buses and what not - I used a side by side when we first went, the girls had just turned two. I can't remember the brand anymore, maybe a MacLaren? Was no problem at all getting them out and about.

Proud Mama of twins chiming in! My son and daughter will turn 1 next week and we are taking them on their first trip to WDW this November at age 15 months. I'm super nervous, but EXCITED! We are staying in a studio at the Grand Floridian Villas.

I wanted to join DVC for many years and having the twins finally clinched it for me. I just bought 150 points at BCV. I've stayed at OKW and BLT previously, but this will be my first trip as a member. I can't wait!!!!!

I have no idea how we will juggle naps, strollers, the flight, and meals, so please keep the advice and success stories coming :rotfl:

I see a decent number of boy moms on here. Like I posted earlier, I'm a mother of triplet daughters and an almost 1 year old son. I've got the girl thing down, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with a boy! Dressing him without bows, frills, and hair ribbons was a challenge for me. :) I have no idea what I'll do when he wants to play sports and do boy things!!

How fun that there are so many of us!!!

Triplet moms are my heros :)

This is a bizarre question, but for those of you with two girls, especially identicals, do they prefer different princesses/characters or the same? I made the girls matching mickey onesies (well, I bought the white onesies from Carters but I sewed on mickey appliques made of DH's old clothes) and bought some Ariel shirts at Old Navy. Wondering how this will all progress as they get older!

This is a bizarre question, but for those of you with two girls, especially identicals, do they prefer different princesses/characters or the same? I made the girls matching mickey onesies (well, I bought the white onesies from Carters but I sewed on mickey appliques made of DH's old clothes) and bought some Ariel shirts at Old Navy. Wondering how this will all progress as they get older!

My identical girls preferred different princesses/characters. My girls are very different though...one is a little bit girly and the other is very tomboy. And when we did BBB (several years ago) the tomboy would not do it, so my girly twin did it with her cousin. My tomboy was more into animal characters like Brother Bear (and liked getting stuffed animals) while girly twin wore the princess dresses and loved movies like Little Mermaid. They both liked to (and still like to) collect pins and they liked getting character signatures and taking pics with them. We just went to Garden Grill for the 1st time (in January) and tomboy DD was still into seeing the characters (like Mickey, Minnie and Chip N Dale).

My girls are very different. They are also sadly heading out of the princess and character phase. :( I have one Minnie Mouse lover, one Tiana fan, and one who kind of just likes it all, but I guess Belle is technically her favorite. It's funny, because this matches their personalities. Eva, my Minnie lover is energetic and bubbly. Amelia, my Tiana fan is a total mini housewife. She loves to cook and clean with me and take care of her baby brother. She also still loves her dolls, and her sisters give her a hard time for this. Kiera likes anything and everything. She's always ready to do whatever and loves trying new things. I believe I'm rambling, but my point was that yes, they definitely like different princesses. :)

twinsouvenirs said:

My girls are totally different. personalities. One loves Belle and the other loves Ariel. As for clothes they are different to: ones girly girl, the other relaxed

When my girls were younger, I'd dress them similar, but different - like they might wear the same shirt, but different color pants. One of my girls is full on girlie girl, not enough sparkle or glitter in the world, the other one - just no. She likes animals more than anything else, lol. I took them to BBB when they were three, and while my one daughter totally ate it up and pranced all about like she was born to be there, the other was like no....they don't do kitties here. May I have a tail? Hysterical.
Now that they're older, neither of them like the princesses AT ALL (SOB! I'm hoping they'll change as they get older), and they both prefer the animal side of Disney.

I can't wait to take the girls to Animal Kingdom :) Although our trip to the zoo resulted in them just watching the people--and to be fair, there was more wildlife amongst the humans....

Can't wait for the double first birthday...now, two cakes or one? ;)

I'm a BLT owner with twin 11 year-old boys, plus a 14 year-old boy.

In 23 days will be my 21st trip to WDW. The boys have been going every year for the past 7 years and we bought DVC 3 years ago. Next year, instead of WDW, we will be going to Aulani.

So very happy with our DVC purchase - and so are the boys! They were an integral part of the decision and they STILL love Disney as much as they did when they were younger.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Owner at SSR and BLT. Purchased our first contract when our identical twin boys were 11 months old and on their first trip to WDW. Since then we have added on 2 additional contracts and I have become a single parent. Our "home" at WDW has allowed me to continue to share that disney magic with my boys. They are now 6 and some of their earliest memories are from our Disney vacations. Without DVC I dont think I could have afforded our annual trip/cruise.... I love what it has meant to us!

When I saw the title, I thought the thread was going to be about finding out who is a "twin" DVC owner -- like I have 200 SSR points and 100 AKV points -- my "twin" would be someone else with the same.

My twin 5 year old boys have been to WDW 6 times in the last 3 years. First trip was off site in a rented house at 2.5 years and the got sick. We were hooked after that and bought DVC at SSR and BLT.

Well, I have purchased the City Mini double stroller for our twins first trip to WDW in October (they will be 8mos). We have a cash reservation at OKW, and ths will be our first stay at a deluxe resort. I also have no idea how we are gonna juggle naps, bottles, etc; but I guess we will figure it out. We just got our closing documents today for our first DVC contract (AKV 200 pts). Can't wait til my points are loaded so I can start planning our first trip as DVC owners!

Proud, proud mom to DD and DS, 17 year-old! I cannot believe where the time has gone, They are both seniors this year and we are in the midst of college searches :crazy2:

We have had so many wonderful trips to Disney. We are going again over Christmas this year. Disney will always be part of our family.

Our girls turned 1 in WDW last weekend! They got their pictures taken with Chip & Dale too :) Had their first ice cream & cupcakes.

The girls working in Morocco were totall enamoured of them :)

LOVED that it was no issue to get a second pack & play for them/ crib. We liked the pack & play better because it was way harder to drop the pacifiers out of the pack & play.

Can't WAIT to return in Feb :)

Well, I have purchased the City Mini double stroller for our twins first trip to WDW in October (they will be 8mos). We have a cash reservation at OKW, and ths will be our first stay at a deluxe resort. I also have no idea how we are gonna juggle naps, bottles, etc; but I guess we will figure it out. We just got our closing documents today for our first DVC contract (AKV 200 pts). Can't wait til my points are loaded so I can start planning our first trip as DVC owners!

Let me know if you need any tips! We took 1 yr olds and it was really not bad at all!

Owner at SSR and BLT. Purchased our first contract when our identical twin boys were 11 months old and on their first trip to WDW. Since then we have added on 2 additional contracts and I have become a single parent. Our "home" at WDW has allowed me to continue to share that disney magic with my boys. They are now 6 and some of their earliest memories are from our Disney vacations. Without DVC I dont think I could have afforded our annual trip/cruise.... I love what it has meant to us!

That is so great, and so true--we also considered that buying now while we are 'flush' would allow us to hopefully be able to take a vacation in leaner years should we experience those for whatever reason. You can't plan for life events like that but it's nice to have prepaid for a few things :)

facebook twitter