DVC Ticket Discounts / Park Reservation Question

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Good Morning,

I have been trying to contact MS with no success - and have been disconnected multiple times after lengthy hold tmies!! What is going on with them? I've been a member for 15 years and have never experienced this.

Are there any current discounts for DVC members on tickets now? Any discounts for the general public? We are planning eight nights in August and returning in February so I would like to purchase AP's. Does anyone know the likelihood of that happening? I know they are't selling them now but am so out of the loop -and need to catch up. When I search online I find conflicting or outdated information.

The park reservation situation is also new to me- If I make reservations now can they be modified up until arrival if there is availability? What about park hopping? Can I make two reservations for each day? How does this work?
Our priority is to see the new Star Wars attractions - I feel like I need to read a book on managing that!

So many questions.....If you have read this far and can offer some advice, I would greatly appreciate guidance!

Currently APs are not being sold UNLESS you cancelled or had them expire DURING the Covid closure -- no exceptions. Whether they begin selling them normally again is not known.

There is a deal for buy 4 days get 2 days free on the ticket purchases for DVC members with a stay OR for the general public when booking a resort stay.

You can cancel a park reservation and make another if availability changes. Park hopping (currently) starts at 2:00 if you have a park hopping ticket. One reservation per day, hop other parks at 2 but you have to go to your first park first.

Look at any of the numerous posts regarding calling member services to answer that question.

Currently APs are not being sold UNLESS you cancelled or had them expire DURING the Covid closure -- no exceptions. Whether they begin selling them normally again is not known.

There is a deal for buy 4 days get 2 days free on the ticket purchases for DVC members with a stay OR for the general public when booking a resort stay.

You can cancel a park reservation and make another if availability changes. Park hopping (currently) starts at 2:00 if you have a park hopping ticket. One reservation per day, hop other parks at 2 but you have to go to your first park first.

Look at any of the numerous posts regarding calling member services to answer that question.

Thanks you for your response! If I am buying an eight day ticket is there any discount at all? When I select eight days it just gives me the eight day price- there is no two day discount coming off? When I make the ticket purchase I'd like to not have to call as I usually would- so where am I buying them? On DVC member website or on the MDE app?

Did you mean park hopping reservations begin at 2:00 the day of or can I make that reservation in advance?

Again, thank you for your helpful response!!

Unfortunately you have to call to get the ticket deal. I’m not sure how it works if you are there for more than 6 days.

No reservations for parks you hop to. You have to do a reservation for the first park of the day then you can hop to any you want at 2 (assuming it isn’t at capacity).

Thanks you for your response! If I am buying an eight day ticket is there any discount at all? When I select eight days it just gives me the eight day price- there is no two day discount coming off? When I make the ticket purchase I'd like to not have to call as I usually would- so where am I buying them? On DVC member website or on the MDE app?

Did you mean park hopping reservations begin at 2:00 the day of or can I make that reservation in advance?

Again, thank you for your helpful response!!

You have to call MS to get the two free days. You can only make one reservation per day in advance.

You must go to that park first and then it unlocks park hopping for 2 pm and on that day.

Also, you must be in the park to try for the afternoon boarding groups for Rise. You can do the 7 am time to get one from the hotel, but not the other one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter