DVC Studios at Grand Cali

MissyMouse77

MissyMouse
We're headed to Disneyland in five weeks and will be staying in a DVC Studio at the Grand Californian. Wondering if anyone has been recently and has pics to post of the studios? Has anyone stayed in a refurbished unit at the GC? I read on another thread that supposedly the DVC units were done being refurbished but not sure if that is indeed accurate info. I know the resort is in the middle of being worked on in general and that the pools are all closed. A bit bummed about that but I don't know how pool friendly the weather will be in March, so we aren't sweating it. LOL

We stayed in a VGC studio two weeks ago. They underwent a soft refurb. There was new carpeting, new bedding and a new sofa in our unit. I think the drapes and shower curtain were also new. I wished I would have taken pictures since we spent most of Sunday in our villa since there was pouring rain all day. Enjoy your stay!

We stayed in a VGC studio two weeks ago. They underwent a soft refurb. There was new carpeting, new bedding and a new sofa in our unit. I think the drapes and shower curtain were also new. I wished I would have taken pictures since we spent most of Sunday in our villa since there was pouring rain all day. Enjoy your stay!
Thanks for the info!

going back in Apr.....but here are some pictures from awhile ago....they are basically the same

bath sink.jpg Dave sitting area.jpg kitechette.jpg bed.jpg shower.jpg

We just stayed(2-20-2-23) in a studio room 1510 and the sofa was a cream color, white bedspread and white shower curtain.

We stayed 2/23-2/25 in a studio 2504, right by the elevators. Our studio was done just like Minbabies stated. The unit across the hall was being worked on and curtained off so there was quite a bit of work noise during the afternoon of the 23rd. They were doing some drywall work in there. On Friday the 24th the water was off from 3-5 am and 9am-2 pm. They were also testing the fire alarms from 12:30 pm-2 pm. This was told to us when we checked in on the 23rd. The end of the hall was curtained off and we had no access to the ice machines, had to call for ice. It was like that on the 2-4 floors. We checked. It was noisy on our balcony since it faced DCA and they were working on the building above the BBQs. Oh, the curtains on the slider were also new and new carpet but had to call for a pack-n-play. This was our second time in a studio and totally worth staying here on rented points. I wouldn't stay there during lobby construction though.

We stayed 2/23-2/25 in a studio 2504, right by the elevators. Our studio was done just like Minbabies stated. The unit across the hall was being worked on and curtained off so there was quite a bit of work noise during the afternoon of the 23rd. They were doing some drywall work in there...
The room across the hall (2503) is a regular hotel room, so although it is the same age as the DVC rooms it is likely getting more extensive renovations (to match other regular hotel rooms).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter