DVC stay away!!!!

contemp_mj

Take me back to the Outer Rim!
Is there anyone out there that thinks that a DVC building near the Contemporary Resort is a bad idea?

I love driving to the CR and seeing the beautiful scenery and awe of the great resort, I would hate to see a money driven project such as a DVC building offsetting the futuristic style of the CR.

Does this mean if they build a DVC near the CR that there will be more people crowding onto the monorail, Outer-Rim and California Grill?

I really don’t understand why there are people for the DVC activity around the CR.??

Sorry, I am new.

MJ

I love the popcorn icon!

I was NOT looking forward to the WLV when they went in. I think Disney did a good job with them. I hope they do the same with the Contemporary.

At 1st I was not sure what to think of the DVC coming to the Contemporary. However after thinking about it I have come to realize that it will happen and I am ok with it. Eventhough WDW has not officially announced it all the sings are there that it will happen sometime in the future. I mean why else would the North Garden Wing be torn down and not renovate it like the South Garden Wing? Also I was told by several high ranking Cast Members at the Contemporary that it's going to happen. Finally considering how busy the Contemporary already is with guests just going there for Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse & the California Grill to me the DVC building will make no difference with the amount of people that stay there and ones that just go there to eat, so it will not ruin any future stays my family & I will have at the Contemporary.

Have you ever been to one of the DVC resorts? They really are beautiful! I don't think it would detract from the CR, WDW is great at theming. If you haven't, you should go check some of the DVC resorts out! It might change your mind or ease your concerns.

CR FOR LIFE,

If it happens, I'll buy you a Molson at the Outer Rim!

Man I hate to ruin a good thing; it’s good and perfect now, why disrupt that!?

MJ

I would love to see a DVC come to the CR.

I am not a DVC member but if they build a DVC on the monorail I will definately buy.

I have been waiting 15 years for a monorail DVC.

One of the reasons I am so excited is that I now have limited mobility and I need a room with a roll in shower.

The CR has very few rooms with roll in showers in the tower.

I think only 2 with a MK view and one of them is in the Club Level.

They don't have enough rooms to be compliant with the ADA.

I guess they fall under the grandfather clause.
That is one reason I will not book a tower room at the MK.

I was able to stay in a MK tower rooms years ago before my disability and because I loved that view so much and HA tower rooms with roll in showers are so few I want others to be able to enjoy that view and I do not want to take up a room others really want.

If a DVC is built at the CR they will be complaint with the ADA and there will be more rooms with roll in showers and I will once again book a room with a MK view!

CR FOR LIFE,

If it happens, I'll buy you a Molson at the Outer Rim!

Man I hate to ruin a good thing; it’s good and perfect now, why disrupt that!?

MJ
Do they even have Molson at the Outer Rim? Seriously though the way I see it is the DVC will not ruin the Contemporary, I think it will only make it better.

Do they even have Molson at the Outer Rim? Seriously though the way I see it is the DVC will not ruin the Contemporary, I think it will only make it better.

The most disappointing thing about my last trip to WDW was the beer. We went during Oktoberfest 2001, headed to the Germany section of Epcot and I was geared up to try some authentic German brews -- got there and the only thing they had was Becks or Heiney (can't remember which one) which I can get at any 7-Eleven back home.

Anyone know if there's a more diverse selection of brew available these days ?

I may have to bring my own Molson, you might be right.

The thing that makes me wonder is, there is so much monorail track and property to build a DVC in another spot, even near MK.

On a side note, I told the Walt Disney executives to take down one of the garden buildings to build my mansion!

I the long scheme of things, I guess I shouldn’t worry, it’s not like I can stop it.popcorn::

MJ

MJ, welcome to the DIS!:surfweb:

Are you aware that the North wing is currently being torn down?

We never stayed there but always thought the rooms in that wing closest to Bay Lake would be wonderfully peaceful. We could never tear ourselves away from the Polynesian though.

Now we are very happy BCV members.:love:

Yeah I guess if you’re a beer connoisseur the Germany beer booth is lame. However, Germany is my favorite spot! Buddy, I’m going to have a Beck’s Dark because of you!

How about that clock in Germany!

MJ

Yeah I guess if you’re a beer connoisseur the Germany beer booth is lame. However, Germany is my favorite spot! Buddy, I’m going to have a Beck’s Dark because of you!

How about that clock in Germany!

MJ

By no means am I a connoisseur/beer snob -- give me a Bud and I'm a happy camper, just felt that it wasn't as "magical" drinking a Beck's when I had visions of trying something a little less mass produced.

That's enough -- think I need to get professional help if I'm not satisfied with the thought of drinking a Beck's strolling thru Epcot in a few weeks:scared1:

DVC will only make this underappreciated resort even better. With the DVC $$ will come general improvements at the resort. I can't wait to buy some CRV points!

CR 4 Life-where did you get that CRVillas log as a DVC resort?

BTW-try the Brewery at the Boardwalk-they have an interesting beer selection. I also liked the Morroccan beer--who knew?:confused3

IMO, the Contemporary *was* futuristic when orginally built, but now decades later...it needs a little help. I think DVC will give it the shot in the arm it needs (and deserves). Hopefully it will be done in a manner that pleases not only members, but the CR loyalists!

The most disappointing thing about my last trip to WDW was the beer. We went during Oktoberfest 2001, headed to the Germany section of Epcot and I was geared up to try some authentic German brews -- got there and the only thing they had was Becks or Heiney (can't remember which one) which I can get at any 7-Eleven back home.

Anyone know if there's a more diverse selection of brew available these days ?

Given that Heineken is Dutch, it had to be a Becks. Unless something has changed recently, the only place in the Germany pavillion to get a Becks is at the cart out front. They used to sponsor the restaurant, but not anymore. Try the draft beer stand by the glass shop or the fast food restaurant in the back. They have a different selection. They also have Jager!!! :headache: :scared1: I love that stuff!!!

Also, try the Rose & Crown in the GB pavillion. They have a decent selection and a full bar for the liquor drinkers like me. (DW is the beer drinker)

In case anyone is wondering, DW and I are both of German heritage. I even have a tattoo of a classic Mickey in German flag colors on my shoulder.

Ein Prosit, ein Prosit der Gemütlichkeit

Kevin

Thanks Kevin --

That's what I love about Dis -- can get help/info on just about anything you can imagine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter