DVC Resorts at Christmas

Princess Tess

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been at the DVC resorts at Xmas time? Tell me about them...we will be at VWL 12/15-12/21 and I am wondering if any of the resorts have more activities/decorations than the others? I can't help but wonder if BWV isn't more "festive" than the others because of the Boardwalk. The only time we were there for the holidays was just after Thanksgiving in '92 I can still remember the "pointsettia tree" in the lobby of the GF, it was breathtaking! I can't wait to see more of that.....

I have not been to WDW at Christmas time (yet), but from the pictures I've seen and the information on this board, you will absolutely love the decorations at VWL and WL.

Most will agree that they are the best Christmas decorations of ANY Disney resort (some would argue Grand Floridian, but that's an individual taste thing). It's hard to beat evergreens and Christmas decorations. I think the tree in the WL lobby will meet your expectations of awesome Christmas theming.

I can't speak to activities....I think most are in the parks, and of course there's the MVMCP events.

Have a great trip!

Hi, We always go to DW between Thanksgiving and Christmas and so we have seen alot of decorations. We love the WL and feel they have the best decorations at Christmas hands down. Its a individual thing though. Its fun to go to as many different resorts to see the themes for Christmas. You will love the WL.

Thanks for the input, I was debating on changing to BWV but you guys make VWL sound awesome! Can't wait! Is the MVMCP something I need to make reservations for ahead of time? I don't know too much about it but I've always heard good things. Isn't it at MK?

WL is beautiful at Christmas. WL and GF are the most decorated at Christmas. We have also been at OKW at Christmas and it has some decorations in the front area. BWV was less decorated in 2001 than 2000. In 2000, they had about 8 large gingerbread displays at different resorts. This year, they did not do as much. WL will definitely have the most "Christmasy" feel. They have a very large tree in the lobby and then they also have a tree in the VWL lobby. The walkway between the lodge and villas is decorated also. Do plan on going over the GF to see their decorations also. Having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare would be a great chance to see it decorated. You can also drop by just to see the decorations.
MVMCP is on certain nights at MK. It usually is finished by Dec. 17th from what I have noticed. You must buy a separate ticket for this event. This past year, tickets for were $35. It began at 7:00 and finished at 12:00. We felt it was well worth the money. They will probably start selling these tickets in late Sept or sometime in Oct.

I've always been in awe of the main building at the WL during Christmas, but I have to say, the Vacation Club Villas were also very lovely.

There are beautiful boughs of evergreens adorning the walkways between the main building and the VWL. In the lobby of the VWL was a beautiful tree that just glowed with countless white lights.

MVMCP is at the MK, and it's always best to get your tickets in advance just in case it sells out.

LPDKelly, they do keep the parks/resorts decorated through New Year's, but, after that, they quickly come down.

The Osborne lights were still there for a few days in the beginning of January this past year, so you may be able to enjoy them.

LDPKELLY

We were there on Jan3rd this year and the decorations were still up until about the 6th or 7th when they " magically " disappeared over night ;)

David:)

I usually try to stay out of the "one resort is better than another" issues. They are all wonderful and have their own charm and perks. We own at both VWL and BWV.

That being said, IMO, VWL is the absolute best DVC resort at Christmas time. While the best Christmas decorations of any resort are at the GF, the WL is a VERY close second. For overall Christmas atmosphere, VWL is better than GF. VWL/WL is so cozy and warm, with incredible decorations and christmas music playing throughout the resort. VWL at Christmas (we go the week after Thanksgiving) is the single most important reason why we had to own there.

Of course, BW has great Christmas decorations, too. While the BW decorations are beautiful, the resort just doesn't exude Christmas like the WL.

No offense to owners of BWV or other resorts - we own at BWV. Ask me which is the best resort in the summer and I'd gush about BWV :). Just my opinion.

Thanks again for the input, this was in no way meant to be one of those "which is better" debates.....when we visited WDW back in '92 we stayed offsite but did visit a couple of the resort/hotels and I just remember GF giving me goosebumps which is why I want to visit again during the holiday season.

We own DVC at VWL and to tell you the truth I've never even seen it before! But that's ok, because we are go with the flow kind of people. We didn't join DVC to stay at one particular place we joined DVC to be able to enjoy WDW and all it's DVC resorts and all their individual beauties.

I liked the post about "what is best about each resort" because I think it's good info to help others decide where to stay next trip. That exact type of input helped us decide to stay at OKW on our last trip and I am thankful to people who shared their positive opinions about each resort. :)

Not sure about Christmas, but if you go any time in early December, the same decorations will be up. We enjoy that time of year. Be sure to catch the lobby of WL. They have the best holiday decorations around. OKW doesn't do much, but BWV has nice things on the board walk.

We will be staying at VWL November 17-22, the week before Thanksgiving. Will Christmas decorations be up that week :) or do we miss them and have to try another year?:(

Thanks for any information.

dkellumw - someone at one time had a list when the hotels and the parks were decorated - I think some of them will be - but I know that everything is surpose to be up the day after Thankgiving. If you post this as a new topic - maybe someone will know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter