• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC % rate w/ Disney VISA

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
We placed our DVC add-on at BCV on our Disney VISA. What is the incentive or special deal you are given for 6 months with no finance charges? It isn't for the whole amount is it? When I went to the VISA website it just confused me :confused3

TIA

We placed our DVC add-on at BCV on our Disney VISA. What is the incentive or special deal you are given for 6 months with no finance charges? It isn't for the whole amount is it? When I went to the VISA website it just confused me :confused3

TIA

Best I can find out, when I called Visa they said they didn't know and gave me 800-******** as the people that did. Well I asked our guide, it's $2500 @ 0% for 6 months.

The deal is you have to have nothing else on your Visa to use it. Because Visa will apply any payments anyway they like. So if you have $2500 on the visa and say $200 for gas/food/something @17%. You make your minimum payment of $50, they will apply it to the $2500, so next month you owe $2450 + $200 + (200*.17/12).

So basicly you end up carrying a balance until the whole $2500 is paid off.

johno

I called Disney Visa twice yesterday with this same question (and again this morning after reading the previous posters response!;) ). I was assured that even if you have a balance on your card as well as the money you charged at Disney the other balance would be paid off BEFORE the no interest balance. I talked to 3 different people with the same question and got the same answer. We never carry a balance on our credit card so all other charges will be paid off monthly but we are going to be buying DVC and want to charge the entire amount and get 0% for 6 months so we will not be able to pay off that amount next month! We are doing it this way so we can get the reward dollars too! I hope this helps!:)

I hope you are correct.

Take a look at your bill, when it comes. Because that is not what my bill said when it came.

johno

I called Disney Visa twice yesterday with this same question (and again this morning after reading the previous posters response!;) ). I was assured that even if you have a balance on your card as well as the money you charged at Disney the other balance would be paid off BEFORE the no interest balance. I talked to 3 different people with the same question and got the same answer. We never carry a balance on our credit card so all other charges will be paid off monthly but we are going to be buying DVC and want to charge the entire amount and get 0% for 6 months so we will not be able to pay off that amount next month! We are doing it this way so we can get the reward dollars too! I hope this helps!:)

Well, we used our Disney Visa to pay our down-payment when we added on in December (0% for six months). Our payments applied to our monthly charges before applying to the 0% balance. For example, we charged about $600 during the month. I paid $800. When our next statement came, it showed that there were no finance charges and our 0% balance was reduced by $200.

We've done this with DCL payments, too, and had the same experience. Hope this helps.

I called Disney Visa twice yesterday with this same question (and again this morning after reading the previous posters response!;) ). I was assured that even if you have a balance on your card as well as the money you charged at Disney the other balance would be paid off BEFORE the no interest balance.

Last time I read the fine print, that's exactly how the offer was stated. Payments would be applied to other charges first and as long as you continue to pay off those items, there would be no accrued interest on the DVC purchase.

There is one other clause that I don't think anyone has brought up. The financing offer is good for $2500 or 10% of your DVC purchase whichever is LOWER. So, for a small purchase like a 25-pt add-on at SSR, only about $252 would be eligible for the financing offer:

$101 x 25 = $2525 x 10% = $252

Of course, whether or not Chase is equipped to confirm that the DVC charge is 10% of the total purchase is another issue altogether. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter