DVC Poll

Do you wish you purchased your points earlier? Do you wish you purchased more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No regrets because we waited until we could afford it and bought the number of points that we could with the cash we put aside for it. We could have bought sooner and saved a bit but really couldn't have afforded it comfortably. Of course I would like more points and may add on in the next couple of years but it works for us for 2-3 trips per year.

I wish we had done it 10 years earlier. We would have saved a bundle on the initial purchase, and wouldn't have spent so much on Poly hotel rooms during those 10 years.

My first contract was 160 points. I'm up to 220 now, so I wish I had purchased an initially larger contract at the outset.

I wish we bought more points. When we bought 5 years ago we only had 2 kids and were ok staying in studios. Now we have 3 kids and the studios that fit 5 are limited.

It varies. We started off with 200 in 2000 and over the next 2 years got up to 585. That worked fine until 2010 when we purchased a second home not far from WDW and are now down to 210 points and holding there. The only advice I have is purchase smaller contracts as they sell fast when you come to downsizing. We also wish we had started earlier due to us staying in deluxe resorts for long stays and for the amount of $$$ we spent doing that could have purchased a lot of DVC points.

Happy with the price we paid on the resale market (2011 and 2013). Wish we bought WAY more at those prices now... in retrospect!

I wish we could of afforded to purchased when my daughter was little, but we waited till we could afford it. No regrets though as we still went to WDW while she was little, just stayed off-site, at values and then moderates.

Wish I bought sooner because the prices seem to have gone up exponentially, but like others, we waited until we could afford it. We are "all-star folk" with sporadic stays at POFQ. We'uns are looking forward to being deluxe adjacent people!! Take that back-Pete said BLT is deluxe!

No regrets because we waited until we could afford it and bought the number of points that we could with the cash we put aside for it. We could have bought sooner and saved a bit but really couldn't have afforded it comfortably. Of course I would like more points and may add on in the next couple of years but it works for us for 2-3 trips per year.
Okay, I answered "want more" and "should have done it sooner" - but your answer is actually what I should have said. It's the more prudent answer to have said that we bought what we could, responsibly, at that time. But I still wish I had more. LOL (Having said that, you get more trips, so you must have started with more - we go once every two years.)

No regrets although hindsight would have had me purchasing more back when things were at their lowest. I doubt that's an unusual thought though.

Might be interesting to also include 4 - if you thought you bought too much. 5 - if you wished you had waited to purchase. or even 6 - do you wish you hadn't purchased.

No regrets although hindsight would have had me purchasing more back when things were at their lowest. I doubt that's an unusual thought though.

Might be interesting to also include 4 - if you thought you bought too much. 5 - if you wished you had waited to purchase. or even 6 - do you wish you hadn't purchased.
You've got good ideas for the poll!

I wish we would have purchased when my son was still a kid. If i had known about the resale market 15 years ago we would have been in. Just could not stomach the direct prices at the time so we just wrote it off as an option. Goodness knows over my son's childhood we spent enough on rooms at Coronado Springs to more than pay for a contractor. Live and learn ( I hope).

Never knew about points earlier. Was never approached/asked. We were getting ready to go to Disney and my friend mentioned it to me that she bought and I barely understood it. I thought it was like a reward program. The more stays, nights were awarded or something. It all made sense when "I" approached the kiosks on my next visit.

So I have no regrets except wish we bought in sooner and wish we bought more points back then even with our add-ons a little after.

I voted 3, even if I have added on shortly after the first contract and I even bought more points the second time. But I have no intention to buy more points, at least not for the next 35 years when my contracts expire.

We just purchased....wish we would've just pulled the trigger 4+ years ago after we stayed for the first time. We've been renting points ever since and could've paid off a resale contract easily by now! In 5 years we been to Disney World 8 times flying from Ohio. o_O

Voted for wish we’d purchased more. My family sort of stumbled into DVC very early in the process. In fact, we ended up getting the pitch right before Boardwalk Villas opened and we just kind of randomly ended up hearing the pitch. At the time, knew nothing about DVC or the Boardwalk. Long story short, we ended up purchasing 150 points at the introductory rate. It was a good chunk of change at the time but obviously WAY less than what it costs now. It was one of those “not sure we should be doing this so let’s dip our toes in the water and see how it is” purchases. I wish we’d dived right into the deep end and bought something closer to 300 at the time.

I wish I had bought points when it first came out. I would have saved so much. We stayed at Pop all the time but still we could have tried different resorts. I had the money then, now not so much.

I wish we would have been in a position to purchase when we first started to look into it about 5 years ago or so but we were not in a position to do it then. We bought resale last year at Boardwalk and bought direct Saratoga points this year about a month ago. All in all we are happy with the way we did things. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!