DVC MS policy change affecting renters using DDP, etc.

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
Effective yesterday, DVC Member Services has changed their policy and will no longer be accessible by non-members. Prior to yesterday MS would accept calls from renters for ressie confirmations, room preference requests, ME, adding DDP, etc, but they will no longer do that.

The change does NOT eliminate any benefits renters enjoy, including DDP. It just means you'll have to have the DVC owner you rented from make those calls for you.

Thanks for posting. So, what you're saying is that ONLY a DVC member can call MS now?

I'm renting, on the DDP, and we'll be in WDW end of Aug. Glad I was able to call MS to confirm ressie (@ 30 days out).

That's correct. I think the solution for this will be owners sending their renters a copy of the confirmation letter -- which many already do.

I actually thought this was always the policy, and that up until now Member Services was being lenient in that regard. I was actually a little peeved when I found out that one of my renters was able to add a service (daily housekeeping service) without my permission, especially since if they didn't pay, I'd be financially responsible. I'm glad to know that that loophole has been closed now completely.

I always assumed renters could, and see no problem with it, do no more than confirm information regarding a reservation. I agree that they should not be allowed to make any changes to a reservation, including adding services, requests, or things like the DDP.

DisneyKidds said:
I always assumed renters could, and see no problem with it, do no more than confirm information regarding a reservation. I agree that they should not be allowed to make any changes to a reservation, including adding services, requests, or things like the DDP.
Well, it's academic now, but MS used to allow renters to do things like requests, DME, ADRs, and DDP. The DDP is no biggie for the owner, because they pay on checkin anyway or they don't get it. The other things are freebies that don't affect the owner's account. They certainly would not allow date or accommodation changes.

As far as bicker's issue with housekeeping, I don't see any difference in them requesting it through MS or requesting it onsite -- they'd get it in either event.

just bumping for folks who were not here earlier today...

We're renting points for our October stay and I called Member Services back in May to add the DDP. Will our request now be voided due to the new policy? I do have our confirmation papers. The DVC member mailed it to us.

Thanks!

jsmla said:
We're renting points for our October stay and I called Member Services back in May to add the DDP. Will our request now be voided due to the new policy? I do have our confirmation papers. The DVC member mailed it to us.

Thanks!
NO. The only change is you'll have to call the DDP # instead of MS.

If you call MS, they are going to refer you back to the person you rented from. But the easier (and more accurate) way to confirm, change, add, delete things like DDP, DME, etc, is to just make the call direct -- no middleman "misteaks".

If you need to change a name or a request on your ressie, you will have to ask the owner to handle that for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter