Dvc member booking Disney cruise

rowval

Earning My Ears
asking For my son, has has 2020 points , needs to do something with them, Feb use year, he wants to book a cruise , that is what they normally do with with their DVC, I told him it’s better to rent his popints and pay for cruise with cash. He told me that Davids will take his points and book his cruise with them, has anyone done that?
he also listed points with Davids to rent, but has not rented them yet
thanks

It's a lot better to rent for cash. If for any reason he has to move his cruise dates, or they modify the cruise or cancel, cruises booked on points have been a big mess for the last 18+ months.

Agreed. Much better value to rent the points and use the cash for a cruise. I did it as a newbee owner and learned this the hard way. Of course, they are his points and he can use them as he wishes but David's is a great way for a not normal renter to rent out points that will expire rather than lose them.

I don't know anything about David's. but I booked my 11/14 cruise with DVC points for myself and cash for the rest of the family. The point value worked out to around $11-12/point. You might be able to do a little better renting but I think that was decent value and less hassle.

I don't know anything about David's. but I booked my 11/14 cruise with DVC points for myself and cash for the rest of the family. The point value worked out to around $11-12/point. You might be able to do a little better renting but I think that was decent value and less hassle.

DVC Rental Store also has a cruise swap program that pays significantly more per point. Depending on your home resort and priority booking window this can be anywhere from $14.50 to $16 per point.

You can find additional information on this program over on the DVC Rental Store website, along with some examples of the value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter