DVC magic band security entrance light color at park

We just got back from our first WDW trip since Disney changed the lights on the magic band scanners when you enter parks. I had read that this was changed and didn't tell my wife about it wanting it to be a surprise. Well the surprise (and ire of my wife) was on me when we went through for the first time and my band lit up purple after I applied my finger to the scanner but her's still flashed green. I asked the cast member at the entrance and they said it was only for the primary account holder on the DVC agreement. Is this accurate? Both of our names are on the DVC deed and on my DVC profile I'm listed as Purchaser and she is Additional Purchaser. I would think that anyone on the deed would be indicated as a DVC member and not just the primary person. Thanks for letting me know if we missed something here.

Both DH and I had the purple light in January and we have our account set up exactly as you do, with DH as the primary while I am listed as the additional purchaser.

I asked the cast member at the entrance and they said it was only for the primary account holder on the DVC agreement. Is this accurate? Both of our names are on the DVC deed and on my DVC profile I'm listed as Purchaser and she is Additional Purchaser. I would think that anyone on the deed would be indicated as a DVC member and not just the primary person.
I am not the primary on our deed, my parents are. All of ours were purple when we were there last month.

I got all three colors, multiple times, on our trip earlier this month!

Haha, come to think about it I did also.

I checked with my DW and she can't remember if she ever activated her DVC account after we bought our membership. I make and modify all of our reservation so I think we might have found our issue. We'll be back in October for the Food & Wine so I guess we have plenty of time to work on resolving this.

I got a color before green (don't even remember what it was) but I had no idea why, until I got back and read this.

When you don't know, it isn't a happy thing. It actually adds to your stress because you know things aren't right until it turns green.

I get the purple color. Normally it makes no difference, but when I go through the annual pass holder entrance, I get a "welcome home".

I am the primary and DH is the secondary. Mine lit up purple, his lit up green. They told us the same thing - only the primary lights up purple. If it is VERY quiet you can hear the scanner say "Welcome Home". I could only hear it at Int'l Gateway when we were literally the only guests entering. In fact, the first time I thought I heard it say "Welcome Home" the cast member told me I was wrong. But the next time we went through I distinctly heard it.

Cast member told us that because DW did not have her own MDE account, but rather listed as F&F on mine, that was the reason hers did not light up purple... much to her dismay, as purple is her fave colour!

The purple seems to be hit or miss for me going into the parks. I get the purple 50% of the time.

On our February trip I got purple every time, but my husband did not get purple at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter