DVC Land South of Vero Resort is sold

Curious whether any recent visitors have seen any sign of building activity? They had a full page ad in the most recent issue of Vero Beach magazine.

Disney did their best to be a "good neighbor" as they were building. They welcome everyone to the restaurants and I think may even solicit local businesses to hold meetings at the resort. They never offered carte blanche to come use the pool, etc. From day one it's been a struggle for them to find the way to "nicely" tell folks that the pool area is not a public facility. I know of other "neighbors" of the resort who would send their visiting grandchildren to the pool Disney will have to figure out a way to be stricter about the use of the pool area. They are pretty good at picking out "non-guests" and asking them politely to move along.

Of course the new neighbors may have to find a way to avoid folks "pool hopping" to their "quiet" pool. ;)

We were there in August and walked the beach front and the service walk next to the property, and there was no activity of any kind. Didn't check out the street front though.

That land South of Disney's VBR is actually a better piece of beach. They really should have utilized this.

How about Disney designed, themed and furnished homes for sale??? All offering direct access to VBR. They would have sold like hot cakes and brought in far more money than the land itself.

Sometimes I wonder how creative WDW and DVC really are.

Ahhh. The sounds of crashing waves mixed with bulldozers and jack hammers.

This is correct. I live here in a beach community and can tell you that while the regular market has slowed, waterfront property never will. My husband is involved in waterfront development on a smaller scale, on our coast, and has told me that this project seems to have what many in that demographic is looking for in Florida. The water, private elevator and lobby, large square footage, all the upgrades, etc. FWIW, it is being predicted that the market is going to swing back up again here in the next few months. Only time will tell if that happens.

You and your husband really seem to be right on about the Vero market. Vero is very popular as a winter getaway for older, wealthier folks -- many come from the area of CT where I live. An upscale condo has a lot of appeal as a place that they can easily lock up and walk away from until the next year. Baby boomers are also heavy into the vacation home/retirement home buying. And I agree -- there isn't any more oceanfront property being "made" so it will always be desireable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter