DVC for British Columbians

Camshell

Mouseketeer
We are trying to find information on how to purchase a Vacation Club membership, but we live in BC. I understand that they cannot work with us as we live in BC. We need to go to Disney in person to purchase.

We have done a lot of reading on-line and want the Grand Californian Villas (even though they are sold out right now) as our home resort. We will most likely only go there on a regular basis and want the ease of booking between the 7-11 month window.

Anyone know how I can get on a wait list for GCV? Can I do so even if I am from BC?

Do you put a deposit down to be on a wait list?

I hoping we can get on a waitlist over the phone with Disney, and then when points become available I could fly to GCV and officially purchase them.

Anyone else try to do something like this?

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Camshell
princess:

Look into the resale market. If you're okay with the restrictions Disney has on them (basically no trading your DVC points for a stay at a Disney non-DVC hotel, Disney Cruise, or Adventures by Disney ... but you can still trade for RCI or rent your points out) then you can save a bit of cash going that way. There's several sites that do resale, just do a google search for "DVC resale."

If you prefer to buy direct from Disney, then give DVC a call and they can answer your questions about getting on the waitlist and whether or not you have to be there in person (you might be able to do a purchase through a lawyer's office instead of having to be there in person)

Thanks for the reply.

We have looked at resale, but don't want the restrictions or possible future restrictions to limit us. We are interested to buy through Disney.

I am waiting for a call back from Disney. I'll ask about using our own lawyer to complete the transaction if that would help the working with us in BC.

I had just responded on your other thread. I really doubt that they can put you on a waitlist. Even something as simple as that could require them to be registered in BC (which, as you know, they aren't). They are most likely going to tell you they cannot even discuss it with you , but next time you are down, go visit them and they will see what they can do.

Good luck on your purchase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter