DVC DS question

WDWDad

Mickeys best friend
Yesterday we stopped at the DS and purchased several items that added up to roughly $100. (by the way they are having some pretty good sales right now). When we went to checkout we discovered that we had left our DVC card at home by accident.

My question is; if we were to bring our DVC card back to the DS along with our receipt would they be able to give us our discount? I should have asked at the register when we discovered that the card was missing, but I was so flustered that I forgot. So do any of you DS CM's. or DVC experts have any advice.. I know it's only $10 bucks, but hey it's the only decent discount we get anymore. I would like to take advantage. So what do you think I should do?

I'm under the impression that we do not get a discount at DS with our DVC membership. We do get a discount with the DC card. I have heard about members mistakenly getting a discount with DVC.:cool:

Lhargus. We do, indeed, get a discount with the DVC card. We even get some discounts that the DC card does not get (I think collectibles). But, we DO NOT get a discount on tickets and we also don't get a discount from the catalog or at the World of Disney Store in WDW.

WDWDad -- It's worth asking. ;)

To answer the OP's question...no, you cannot bring your receipt back with your DVC card, the card must be presented at the time of purchase. They used to allow you to come back for the discount but haven't for a couple of years now.

As for discounts, the DC card gets you 10% off merchandise (excluding collectibles) and a discount on park passes (roughly 4-5%). The DVC card gives you a 10% discount (including collectibles) but no discount on park passes.

Hope this helps.

Michele <former DS CM>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter