DVC discounts on weddings?

vitani88

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if there were DVC discounts on Disney weddings or Disney wedding photographers (for the MK or Epcot shoot). Does anyone know?

No. I'm curious why you think there would be a wedding discount connected to a timeshare ownership.

dianeschlicht said:
No. I'm curious why you think there would be a wedding discount connected to a timeshare ownership.

Why wouldn't there be? DVC members recieve discounts on many things and I heard through the grapevine that there were discounts on photography.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

legit question. this timeshare ownership already offers discounts on spa treatments, merchandise, golf, etc.

Why wouldn't there be? DVC members recieve discounts on many things and I heard through the grapevine that there were discounts on photography.

DVC discounts are usually on things that they need to fill up. Like afternoon golfing. The merchandise and dining discount are the same almost as AP discounts. The spa is already on the grounds at SSR.

They don't need DVC members to use the wedding services, so why offer us a discount?

No but if you have a Wishes wedding you get free annual passes but that is not a DVC thing, just a wedding perk.

I know there is no discount because I am a DVC member and had a Disney wedding.

I'm certainly no Disney Wedding expert but IIRC they do waive the requirement for rooms on certain packages for DVC members.

I'm certainly no Disney Wedding expert but IIRC they do waive the requirement for rooms on certain packages for DVC members.

Actually, they dont waive it but they let you use DVC room nights in place of cash room nights towards your room block requirements.

I too was a disney bride and am a DVC owner, and unfortunately there is no DVC discount. If you're willing to be a little creative and flexible on what you want though, there are ways to have a really nice wedding at disney for the same price or less than what you would pay anywhere else. I figured we might as well do something different - if it's going to be at disney we might as well do things you can only do at disney!

DVC discounts are usually on things that they need to fill up. Like afternoon golfing. The merchandise and dining discount are the same almost as AP discounts. The spa is already on the grounds at SSR.

They don't need DVC members to use the wedding services, so why offer us a discount?

DVC golf discount is all day not just afternoon.

It's a valid question and with so many other discounts at Disney with DVC why not a discount on WDW Weddings?

Op, I am sorry I don't know the question.

Actually, they dont waive it but they let you use DVC room nights in place of cash room nights towards your room block requirements.

I too was a disney bride and am a DVC owner, and unfortunately there is no DVC discount. If you're willing to be a little creative and flexible on what you want though, there are ways to have a really nice wedding at disney for the same price or less than what you would pay anywhere else. I figured we might as well do something different - if it's going to be at disney we might as well do things you can only do at disney!

Actually the reason we decided to go with WDW is because it was a few thousand dollars cheaper than the wedding we were planning. Thanks though :-) I'm glad they let you use DVC rooms because there's no way I would have paid for them!

There is a DVC discount for the $200 photo shoot at the parks..we did the EPCOT shoot the month Before we bought our points. Hoping for discount in 2014 when we do the Grand Gathering again. That shoot was for one hour and we did it in France before that section of the park opened.

As to why there is not one, Disney Wedding division would have no incentive to offer one.

It is always about the money.

Sorry, I still think my question of "why should there be a wedding discount connected to a timeshare" is a valid one. Disney has more weddings going on than they can handle. They don't need to rely on DVC to fill that venue. We looked into a Disney wedding for our DS back a few years, and it was pricey and too restrictive, so we changed the venue to non-Disney.

DVC golf discount is all day not just afternoon.

The 25% "discount" for pre-10 a.m. golf tee times is subject to question as to whether it really provides one. Many times of year, including during peak seasons, the Disney two-day golf pass available to any resort guest, for which you can buy as many as you need, gives you a per round price that is about the same as and often less than the price you pay with the DVC discount and you don't have to buy an annual card to get the two-day pass.

Actually the reason we decided to go with WDW is because it was a few thousand dollars cheaper than the wedding we were planning. Thanks though :-) I'm glad they let you use DVC rooms because there's no way I would have paid for them!

Remember, a wedding is a lot like DVC, it's not the upfront costs, but the on-going maintenance fees that will get you in the long run! :joker:

Congrats, Best Wishes, and I hope you have years of MF's ahead.

Sorry, I still think my question of "why should there be a wedding discount connected to a timeshare" is a valid one. Disney has more weddings going on than they can handle. They don't need to rely on DVC to fill that venue. We looked into a Disney wedding for our DS back a few years, and it was pricey and too restrictive, so we changed the venue to non-Disney.

OP did not say there should be a discount, simply inquired as to availability. An honest question from a newer disboard user and frankly not deserving of the negativity associated with some of the replies.

They announced in the new Disney files about a DVC discount for marathon entries. I'd say nothing is impossible. It's nice to see different things pop up now and then. No, weddings aren't one but it can be hard to keep track of what is and what isn't.

They announced in the new Disney files about a DVC discount for marathon entries. I'd say nothing is impossible. It's nice to see different things pop up now and then. No, weddings aren't one but it can be hard to keep track of what is and what isn't.

And, as I've been to the the last 5, they all sell out. So no need or reason to give a discount. Yet they are...

I can confirm what the other 2 previous Disbrides posted: there are no discounts available between Disney Weddings and DVC.

The one great thing is that your DVC room reservation counts toward your room block. That worked out great for us, since we stayed on for 2 weeks after our wedding. We only needed to ask one of our guests for their confirmation number to fill our room block.

We did have a great idea to use our villa for our rehearsal dinner - everyone that was in our wedding party came to our villa and we had pizza and cake. It was a great way to introduce people to the joy of DVC ownership.

Don't pay attention to the negative posts asking "why should they". Some people need to be reminded of the Disney magic. I noticed other posters have chided the negative nillies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter