DVC Discount for Cash Stays

thedeb1002

Earning My Ears
We read that if you are a DVC member and wish to stay at a DVC resort on a cash basis (not utilizing points) you are given a discount. Does anyone know how much of a discount this is?

The DVC discount, when available, is 25%.

The discount is available when the resort will have rooms not reserved using points. DVC's first responsibility is to provide rooms to members using points. Discounts are not always available- even if cash reservations are available.

I probably should have started a new thread, but I will give this a whirl. I understand the DVC property discount, but do you get a discount at the other disney resorts, like AKL? And would you still make a ressie through member services?

I don't think you do get a discount at non club resorts, nor do I think you can make this reservation thru member services. You are going to have a great time at the BWV's. We stayed there 2x and it is great - so convenient to EPCOT & MGM. Be sure to check out the Bellevue Room & Jelly Rolls. It's also a nice walk over to the Swan & Dolphin.

BTW - how do you do that cool count down thing? We are 45 days away and are VERY excited!

I asked the same question not too long ago about the countdown thing and someone posted a link. I wish I could be that someone now, but I can't find the thread my question was in....so hopefully another kind someone will help you out, since I can't.:(

You can only get the 25% member discount for DVC Resorts through Member Services. Since the room comes from the points inventory, DVC housekeeping rules apply. If you do a DVC cash reservation combined with a points reservation, they treat it as all 1 DVC reservation. I used it in May, we got Fri & Sat for the 25% discount, then points Sun-Thurs nights. We got ID cards & parking pass for the entire stay when we checked in on Friday. We had trash & towel on Monday.

No DVC discounts are available for non-DVC resorts.

Countdown timer help is available on our <a href="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381216">Technical Support Board.</a>

Enjoy!

The DVC discounts for cash nights may appear at any time, so if they are not available keep checking back. (I'm not sure if there is a standard window for when they are applied to remaining inventory.) I would suspect the discounts are harder to get when the resorts are booked with points.

If we're doing cash nights I always pay for them up front and then keep checking back for when the discount is available. They always "link" the reservations so we don't have to change rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter