DVC; dining plan and military discounts ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the DVC rep says there is a dining plan discount for points stays, be sure to get it in writing.

There's no military discount on purchasing points. If someone finds one, please let the rest of know how to get it!

There's no military discount on purchasing points. If someone finds one, please let the rest of know how to get it!

No, I'm not talking about a military discount on points... My DVC rep told me that you would book your reservation just like you do with a regular reservation with the dining plan, only tell them that you're DVC and using points, but that you would like to add the dining plan with the military discount. He said then you would just pay for your dining plan with cash or credit card seperatly. This is how he explained it to me. Ughh, I really do not want to call him back and make him go through it again.... he's going to think I'm the biggest airhead on the planet!:rotfl2:I probably am!:laughing:

No, I'm not talking about a military discount on points... My DVC rep told me that you would book your reservation just like you do with a regular reservation with the dining plan, only tell them that you're DVC and using points, but that you would like to add the dining plan with the military discount. He said then you would just pay for your dining plan with cash or credit card seperatly. This is how he explained it to me. Ughh, I really do not want to call him back and make him go through it again.... he's going to think I'm the biggest airhead on the planet!:rotfl2:I probably am!:laughing:

Like others have said, there is no military discount on the dining plan. If you stay on a DVC points reservation, you can still add the dining plan, but you pay the same price as everyone else. You either misunderstood your guide or he spoke incorrectly.

It is possible there is a new discount we are not aware of. That's why I said to get it in writing.

Hello,

We are going to our first visit at Bay Lake Tower our home resort this Oct. 30 - Nov. 6th. We have a; 2 bedroom MK View.

Sat-Sat
Myself/Wife/Child/Child's Friend

Sat - Wed
2 Grandparents

Wed-Sat
2 Adult Friends

My question is can I just buy a Dining plan for 6 people for Sat-Sat and when the grandparents leave have the Adult friends take over the dining plan?

I am getting conflicting info so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

We are going to our first visit at Bay Lake Tower our home resort this Oct. 30 - Nov. 6th. We have a; 2 bedroom MK View.

Sat-Sat
Myself/Wife/Child/Child's Friend

Sat - Wed
2 Grandparents

Wed-Sat
2 Adult Friends

My question is can I just buy a Dining plan for 6 people for Sat-Sat and when the grandparents leave have the Adult friends take over the dining plan?

I am getting conflicting info so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

When you add the dining plan to your reservation, it will be for all 6 people for the entire stay. If midway through your trip, two leave and two others join you, I don't think there will be an issue as you will have paid for 6 people.

However, I would contact MS to make sure.

It depends on how you have people listed on the room- If you only have 6 people listed on the room than your friends can take over keys/dining plan from the grandparents when they arrive- if you have everyone listed then you will have to pay for 8 dining plans for the entire stay.

:) You have to purchase the DDP for everyone IN THE ROOM for the length of stay. So take us for instance. DH and I and MIL stay for 9 nights, BIL joins us for 4 nights of that---BIL has to pay for the dinning plan for all 9 nights. When he leaves, MIL (they are sharing a room) gets the left over credits to use as she wishes.

It depends on how you have people listed on the room- If you only have 6 people listed on the room than your friends can take over keys/dining plan from the grandparents when they arrive- if you have everyone listed then you will have to pay for 8 dining plans for the entire stay.

Ok....now I am going to complicate things more. Now if my friends want to get tickets...how do I get their tickets to the parks onto our DVC room?

Unless you are changing rooms between guests, you must have all 8 people listed on the reservation, regardless of arrival/departure dates of the individuals and pay for the DDP for all 8 people for the length of stay.

As the guests arrive, they can purchase tickets at the concierge desk an have them added to the room key. DVCers can not pre-purchase tickets that are linked to the room key, unlike a cash package. Transferring ickets to the room keys has to be done at the resort concierge desk.

As most of this thread is from last year, and there is a longer, continuing thread on the subject of DVC and the DDP, I'm going to close this one and refer DVC specific DDP questions there. For more general DDP questions, or questions about DDP and cash resort reservations, please see the DDP sub-forum of the Disney Restaurants board.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!